Help on building KoralFX for V2

I don’t think I said that. If so, it was not intentional. What are you responding to?

@Troubled Mind I think you’re slightly misunderstanding. @Squinky meant building a plugin that is known to work, not coding a new one.

1 Like

I’m on UbuntuStudio 21.10

Indeed, apologies. I misread.

That said, there’s no harm in trying.

1 Like

I already rebuided the fundamental plugins with no issue (except that the midi-map doesn’t work) and I also builded the stoermelder plugins with no issue.

Great. So you should be able to follow my instructions now?

Indeed

Not really… I commented the two lines in the two files, but I have no plugin.json in the source files… Isn’t the plugin.json created when building ?

Nope should be in the git repo.

1 Like

Specifically in the root of the repo, iirc.

Try git pull

Ok !!! I had a bad source tarball, I cloned it directly from git, made the modificationsyou told me about and know I have it running in my VCV 2.0.1, thanks a lot !

1 Like

My pleasure, glad it worked out.

1 Like

Does anyone know how to build this? I have little to no experience. I’m trying to get it to run in Version 2. I read the comments and opened the manifest, but nothing makes sense.

Which repo are you trying to build from?

The original has no branch for a v2 build; but there is a PR for a v2 migration done by netboy3 here:

If you just want a build to play with, this is the repo to use as, you’ll see, the migration work’s been done.

1 Like

Do you want to learn how to compile yourself?

Or do you just want a working compiled version for V2 it’s here :