haslo's VCV Patches (usually full tracks) - and Jamuary

I’ve started posting things on YouTube, among them there’s a few VCV patches. I also participate in this year’s Jamuary, which should result in a jam per day - so far, these two were also VCV patches.

I’ll start this thread with 2 videos and update it when I have new VCV things :smile:

2 Likes

where can i find more about this? :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s a pretty informal thing :sweat_smile:

People who participate in it jam a lot in January, quite a few of them try to do it daily, then upload to their socials and tag it with #Jamuary2022 and / or #Jamuary. That’s it :slight_smile:

There are some sites that provide daily prompts, but I don’t use it, and a few more prolific creators promoting it - like True Cuckoo and Trovarsi.

Of course, there’s also a subreddit for sharing: https://www.reddit.com/r/Jamuary/ - but AFAIK it’s all very distributed. Other than that, it’s just “start / continue creating” :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Nice. How do you patch?

Do you start from the scratch and spend 3-4 hours in front of the monitor before completing? Or do you have hundreds of half-baked tunes and you pick one? Or do you have ‘module selections’ to start the puzzle?

Do you start a patch without expectations (like most Omri videos)? Or do you have a draft in your notebook what to achieve (a certain melody, a style, a sound, or usage of a specific module, etc.)?

1 Like

ah, okay! thank you so much for being so responsive. i know i struggle with motivation, so hopefully this could help a lil. take care ^^

1 Like

I just start patching. I usually have an idea of what I want to achieve, and that idea can be anything - a mood, a sound, a genre, a vibe, a melody. But I actually don’t always have that idea before I place the first module :sweat_smile:

I just see where the sound takes me, and enjoy the way there as much as the end result :blush:

3 Likes

I’ve made some more patches with VCV in Jamuary, I’d like to share two of them in here:

One evening I was so tired that all I could do was a lullaby - having a new thing up every day definitely takes some time :sweat_smile:

I’m looking forward to more hardware jams, to be honest. Can probably only do them on weekends though. But today’s patch, I actually started in Voltage Modular because of its oscillators, but switched to VCV Rack when I got frustrated with VM’s sequencing. VCV’s is much better, to me.

3 Likes