Has anyone narrowed down the sends and returns bug?

@heapdump is Patrick Lindenberg the dev of Lindenberg maker of F.I. Neo :wink:

Ah ok, sorry! Then yes, it should definitely be fixable; the best would be to try to get a good way to reproduce the problem and open an issue on his github. In my screen capture above though, to Patrick’s defense, his module was connected to others that perhaps we sending transient NANs etc, so it would need more testing to make sure where exactly the problem originates.

1 Like

You posted int clamp(int, int, int).

float clamp(float, float, float) is defined with fmin/fmax, so it protects against NaNs.

Ah, true, my bad. Glad to see the float clamp will work then :slight_smile:

Maybe it’s my fault in some cases. I figured out that Neo can cause NaN’s in some seldom cases, I don’t know why, but it seems that it’s some bug in the math model. BUT: It happens only on startup for a short period and then it continues with valid numbers; also on my tests it happened rather seldom and is not reproduce able, which makes it hard to find the bug. :-/ Will do some further tests today…

2 Likes

Hi all,

after a lot of stress-tests I figured out that Neo can output some bad numbers on startup. For a short time the filter outputs some very high numbers around +/- 10^12 but I didn’t find any case where it outputs some NaN’s. But it caused to crash Sangster which can’t handle that big numbers correct. Maybe also other modules cannot handle that malformed numbers and react with NaN.

It’s fixed in the upcoming version 1.3.0 and I/Os protected now.

8 Likes