GSi VariSpeed - VST WEM Copicat IC-400 Belt Drive VariSpeed model

It’s free and vintage :slightly_smiling_face:. VST @ AU

2 Likes

yes, free but needs an internet connection to work, because of collecting some personal DATA

2 Likes

Eh ! You are back :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

GUI by yours truly! :upside_down_face: Works nice in vcv as a self oscillator sound source!

4 Likes

I assume the GUI is easier when it’s a real thing?

1 Like

The GUI for GUIdo :slight_smile:

1 Like

anyway nysthi echoes are varispeed in the :heart:

4 Likes

difficult to say because the “photo-realsistic” style is quite time consuming… but yeah it’s diffrent: spending hours looking for the original font that was used in the actual hardware, restauring all graphical elements, its kind of archeology :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nice! I’m curious: which toolkit did you use for this GUI?

I am not sure of what you are asking because I just send the pngs with xy values where to place them. The GUI is done on photoshop/illustrator/knobman/ aftereffect, using a mix of vector drawing, texture design, and some picture of the actual device in GSi studios

OK, cool. But you have versions for Windows, Mac, and Linux - when you need to paint a png. or detect a mouse movement or a click, are you using native OS APIs, or are you using a portable toolkit so you don’t have to code everything three times? (Like Rack uses GLFW, for example.)

This all part is down to the developper, I just make the elements of photoshop, export the separately and collect the xy position he will need to build the elements together. All I know it that he uses JUCE

Maybe I wrongly assumed. It sounds like you just have different issues when it’s a real thing. You do really great work either way!

1 Like

Got it, thanks!

Does Juce still have a very high price for the right to redistribute code that uses it? I haven’t looked at it in ages, I must admit.

Juce pricing is here: https://juce.com/get-juce

Free up to $50k revenue if you don’t mind a splash screen, or $40/month up to $500k revenue. I’ve never used it, but if works as advertised (meaning it saves you significant development time) that seems well worth it.

I heard good things about it. maybe 12 years ago my audio programming guru (Paul Kellett) recommended it to me back then, so it must be good.

Also worth mentioning that it’s free with no splash screen, for open source/educational projects.

I’ve been using JUCE regularly for several years, for developing plugins and other audio software. I have a few complaints, but overall it’s made my life WAY easier, particularly in being able to build plugins across platforms and across plugin formats from a single code-base.

Happy to talk more about it if anyone has questions!

1 Like

all pro audio devs I had the pleasure to work with are using JUCE

1 Like