Grayscale has returned to VCV Rack

New additions include Supercell (an expanded version of Mutable Instruments Clouds), Permutation/Variant (random sequencers based on the Turing Machine), and Algorhythm (an 8-channel trigger sequencer).

43 Likes

great !!!

So happy to finally have supercell ! Thanks so much <3

1 Like

Thank you for Supercell. The Resonestor mode is fantastically ace. Already making some space mandolins. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Awesome, Thank you!

Algorithm seems to be based on the “old” firmware (single 8 Channel pattern) vs. the “Polyrhythm” firmware, right?

It was decided that the polyrhythm firmware was not worth implementing in the Rack version since the module can be easily replicated and HP is not as constrained in Rack.

3 Likes

It might be very cool for using it with a MIDI controller, though.

Finally a chance to try them out without having to use old versions! Thanks for helping out porting them to 1.x, Marc.

2 Likes

My pleasure Aria!

1 Like

I’ve corrected the original post. Algorythm for VCV is based on the v1 firmware of Grayscale Algorhythm.

1 Like

Marc did a great job on the new features (in the context menu and the behavior) of Algorhythm!

Porting the existing plugin to v1, Supercell, and Permutation/Variant were authored by me under the review of Grayscale.

10 Likes

Thanks Andrew, it was a great pleasure to contribute a bit of code to what you and Wes have created :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Proper

1 Like

Thank You guys! This is amazing! Especially the new Supercell and Permutation look like a lot of fun!

1 Like