Grayscale Algorhythm polyrhythmic feature

Hello friends, I followed the instructions for creating polyrhythmic sequences, but when I hold down one of the steps I can’t access the step editor. Am I doing something wrong or is it the firmware?

Thank you for your help :slight_smile:

1 Like
4 Likes

Thanks @Yeager – correct, the current Algo plugin represents the V1 (single channel) firmware with extra features. There is no need for the multi-channel functionality from the V2 firmware. In Rack you can easily create multiple copies of the module, and this also makes it easier to see what’s happening with each sequence too. Chaining multiple sequences together in series can be accomplished with a sequential switch module.

1 Like

I really wish that the multi-channel feature was available in Rack. It makes Algorhythm such a useful module for live performance.

5 Likes

I would like to add that it makes VCV rack more useful to have exact clones of the hardware. This would have saved me a lot of time trying to replicate what Mylar Melodies has done in their 62hp minimal viable party. I spent quite some time holding down the mouse button, hoping to select other tracks. Also, the information on the module right click menu is “version 2.0.2”, which lead me to believe it was my fault the module did not work as in real life.

1 Like

speaking as a former developer, making a clone of an existing module and giving it away free doesn’t sound that fun to me. But perhaps for others? There are quite a few clones around. Although an “exact clone” can only be done with the blessing of the original hardware developer. At least if you want to put it in the library.

1 Like