GPU Requirements.

Hi, I am new to the community. I’m slowly but surely beginning on my journey to modular. VCV Rack is the first step. Any recommendation on the GPU requirements? Do I get more out of the VCV Rack by using a heavier GPU? Do you have any preference AMD or NVidia? Any help will be highly appreciated. I’m on Wintel, and I sequence in the latest Ableton. Thanks in advance.

Every non-integrated GPU should work. There is no requirement for the GPU as long as it is a dedicated card and works fine with your existing setup. I prefer NVIDIA, but that’s purely based on my memories of AMD driver-issues 10 or so years ago… AMD may be a little less evil, but both are big companies, so…

1 Like

Any midrange gpu will be more than enough. Nvidia and mad are both fine. Just avoid low end intel integrated graphics. You won’t get more with a bigger gpu. More CPU helps, but as far as gpu you just need to be ok so your computer doesn’t overheat.

2 Likes

Just so new Mac users that stumble on this aren’t confused - that refers to Windows machines. The integrated GPU in the Apple M1 works wonders.

4 Likes