Going hardware?

So to use modular with VCV there are a number of ways to go. Simplest may be to send MIDI from VCV to the modular and there are a number of modules that let you do that, I use one named the Mutant Brain that can pick up MIDI notes sent to four different channels and convert them to v/oct CV and Gate outputs. It also has 8 spare ports that can be used to send drum triggers or LFO CV.

Next up, maybe check out ways to get audio and CV from and into VCV or a DAW hosting VCV, most popular modules for that are probably Expert Sleepers and they have a range of things from a full blown audio interface to something that can use optical leads to connect ADAT on the module to an ADAT port on your own separate audio interface - I use ES3 and 6 modules, but there’s a range.

Let’s say that my budget is ~€1000 expedition excluded. And yeah, I’ve seen some videos about CR8AUDIO and some about TAIGA and I have to admit that, despite the first two got some sort of look ‘n’ feel appeal, Taiga got something that resounded (in all possible means) more with me despite the first impression. I have to ponder a little more, read again all your comment and watch again some videos and then I’ll make my mind. But for sure this is the year I will go hardware.

3 Likes

penso che in inglese sia meglio scrivere “shipping” :it: di dove sei? :clap:

the day I received my B. Neutron I promised myself that I would buy one more someday (now they are saying that the Proton is ready for production…)

Ecciai ragggione! :grin: Sono del “Bello Stivale”, Metropoly of Milano (\s). For the moment I am torturing the ears of my neighbours with some non-input-technique (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0n0GiXJcFZU) that I learnt from Andreij Rublev but when I will have my TAIGA + VCV + my NIT setup it will be sooooooooooooooo much fun… :smiling_imp:

1 Like

Mandatory answer to any no input mention : Mask, by Marko Ciciliani

Edit : Since you mentioned No Input, do you want to explore feedback patching with your coming hardware ? Also, if it is the case, check this person’s video if you don’ already know them : La Synthèse Humaine

2 Likes

Yes those are great links!

And to add a third one, this was one of the grandmasters of no input mixing:

2 Likes

Indeed ! I love how he makes subtle and soothing tones with his mixer… It is not always easy to get there… And he also is really good at mixing those sounds with guitar, which is not a given either.

1 Like

By the way, here’s an excellent video demonstrating a small build-out around a Taiga. With just a Keystep, a Pamela’s New Workout and an FX-AID around a Taiga you’re set for months and months of fun and great music IMHO:

2 Likes

I am ABSOLUTELY touched by the more than fantastic suggestions you all gave me, seriously! :star_struck: I have to bite a huge bullet because I’m waiting a client of mine to pay me but as soon as some bucks will flow in my pockets, they will flow to mr.Thomann… I see a wonderful winter coming…

4 Likes