Ghalebor - VCV Rack music nest

Harmony in Dark

Hi Guys and Gals!! A little test of upcoming Squinkytronix Harmony module. Stay safe. Make Music not War.

Lindenberg Research Beta - 2 here :

Saw this on FB - nice. I’ll ask the same Q here about Harmony - should the score be “bright” when the lights are low? I don’t really like having everything light up too much - it defeats the purpose. But the notation looks cool (to me)… ?

As for me, it didn’t bother me that you can’t see the notes in low light. But for the effect you could probably add an option to enable or disable note visibility in the menu. Optional. In addition, in low light you can see them nicely in the delicate cursor highlight.

1 Like

Song for fractured world.

Hey Friends Don’t be surprised by the title of this piece. The times we live in are terribly strange. People kill each other. Some countries brutally attack others in the name of one person sick with ambition. Ready to bring fire and destruction to the world. Some flee to other countries looking for help and rescue from bombs falling on their heads. Others defend their country from the savage hordes of orcs. It all happens near us. You cannot focus your mind on anything other than the war that is just around the corner. That’s why this track has that name. Perhaps it will bring relief for a while, give your mind a rest. Maybe it won’t heal the wounds. I would like music to have the power to create peace in the world. That there would be no wars, that we would focus our powers on creating and strengthening the bonds between us. That is why this piece is dedicated to the free people of Ukraine. Слава Україні!!

3 Likes

I am honored to be a small part of this message via my Meander module.

2 Likes

Hello friends.

I present to you today something that will probably appear in the VCV library. New module pack from Andrew Henson aka. Patheros. Some time ago I had the opportunity to test some modules included in the package called PathSet - Infinity : Quantum Compass, Warp drive and Orchestrator. You can find a description of the modules at this link PathSet - Infinity: Looking for Testers Unfortunately, due to the international situation and the ongoing conflict in Ukraine, which was treacherously attacked by a neighbor, i.e. Russia, I delayed a bit in time to record a movie with the participation of these modules. Today I decided to share a loooong video with you guys. I am sorry if anyone gets bored with it, because it is a clean, fresh recording with no processing and no comments. A few more words about the package. It will be a commercial package. And at least as far as I know it has three modules initially, but it is possible that there may be more. At the time I tested and today when I recorded this film, there were three of them. Thanks to Andrew Henson for making the pre-release version of the package available to me. As for the structure of this movie, the first 40 minutes are mainly two patch from scratch done live. Remaining time is a showcase of my previous patches involving Quantum Compas and Warp Drive. As for the Orchestrator, maybe I will spend some time with it in the near future. My impressions: First, never enough new quantizers in the VCV. In my humble opinion, Quantum Compas has a lot to offer. Lots of modulation possibilities etc. Warp Drive I don’t know what to say - It’s huge like an iceberg, I just licked the tip of it. Both are a lot of fun to play.

3 Likes

Hi Rackerz Today I present a little patch with upcoming commercial pack PathSet : Infinity and some regular free module from PathSet. Thanks to Andrew Hanson “Patheros” for the opportunity to test new modules. Really great job. I love the uniform design of all packages. It was a great pleasure and a lot of fun to make some music today with them. Cheers

2 Likes

Hello Rackerz I’m testing new big upgread feature of PS Meander. At last we can used more then one Meander modure in patches. Realy big chapeau-bas Ken for you and your hardwork all the times. Cheers for You Ken and for everyone I wish you lots of fun with this module in the future. Cya

4 Likes

Good to see you having fun with Meander. Looks like you probably reached your system limit with 4 instances based on the FPS and CPU utilization. Of course HOST also puts a hefty load on the system. Everyone will probably find a different limit based on their computer specs.

Thank you for your kind words :grinning:

I like your song.

I’m think I can used more then 4 instance of Meander it depends with module I used in patch.

screenshot from my patch today :

Meander module have i.e. 3 - 4% of CPU utilization - not bad (for me it’s looks great) also VCV Host i.e. 0.6 - 1% -
Mixer i.e. 6 % - 7%
Plateau i.e. 5,8 - 6% Percussive Vibration module looks heavy load more than 10%

Anyway I love Meander and this is a very powerful plugin in my colection. Great job Ken.

1 Like

Yeah, I was just going by the FPS and max CPU usage at the top of your Rack window. I’m glad it is working well for you.

BTW I used one thread of CPU

I’ve worked with 9 instances of Meander in a patch on my gaming tower. As long as you are not having audio glitches or pops, that’s great. I love the things you do with Meander!

Morning suite - PS Meander 5 instance experiment

4 Likes

Cool, fits my morning coffee

High frequencies are clipping tho, lots of flute peaks. Vu-meters are ok, either it’s the recorder or inside LABS. But LABS is particularly low-volume so I’m wondering what’s happening

Probably because I increased the volume from the standard 100% to over 200% so I think that’s it, but it can also be that the process of compiling the file by YT causes some changes to the sound.

What a wonderful patch! :notes:

2 Likes

Hello my Friends

Years ago, when I was still a young boy. I often listened to music from vinyl records. In the times of deep communism in Poland, it was somehow easy to get vinyl records with music for listening. Only such were available on the “market”. I suspect, although I was not aware of it at that time, there was also the other side of this coin, the so-called “hidden market” was even more active. Quite apart. Once my late father brought me a vinyl Klaus Schulze “Timewind”. It was the first time I heard this kind of music. I cannot say that it was easy to listen to music, especially for such a young boy, I was maybe 11 or 12 years old then. But I was fascinated by this music. I soaked these spaces in this atmosphere. The cover itself was fascinating (I have it in my collection to this day). For me, the photos of music from this album recorded by Klaus Schulze on graph paper were amazing. It was like discovering a land unknown to me. Every time I listen to this music, I shudder and feel like my body is being blown by the winds. This music from albums and from radio broadcasts of Mr. Kordowicz of Polish Radio Program 3 shaped my sensitivity for the whole life. Not only this kind of electronic music but also all kinds of music. Because at that time in Poland, the only available source of music was the radio. Technological progress in this field in the west was just beginning, but in the countries behind the so-called Iron Curtain there was only radio.

What a great surprise for me was the information about the death of Klaus Schulze a few days ago. A great man. Multi-instrumentalist. A famous musician. How I regret now that I didn’t have the chance to be at one of his concerts, to hear his music live at concerts. Forgive me Klaus. To me, you were always mentally my “teacher”. Your music showed me the “path” on which I have been taking my steps for years.

So, Farewell my friend, my mentor.

Goodbye Klaus
Rest in Peace

6 Likes

Space wanderer

My new music piece made in VCV Rack.

5 Likes

Very nice patch! There are two things that I like especially. First the nice patching of the first Glass Pane and then using its gate to sequence the Gate-Seq-64. And secondly: not quantizing the ringmodulator-like sound of the Macro Oscillator gives a very nice result.

1 Like