Fruity loops like song sequence

Hey guys! I thought i found a great way to control the seq# of the impromptu modules and build songs… But it has some issues sadly! In fact a wanted a fruityloops-like way of choosing sequences number order for the song, but if you try the vcv file, you’ll hear that when it switches from sequence 1 to 2 it plays the very first beat of sequence 1 and than plays sequence 2, and viceversa when you switch from sequence 2 to 1.

Any guess how to solve this problem? Thanks everyone and have a nice Ferragosto (the 15th of august here in italy is national holiday :slight_smile: )

sync.vcv (67.9 KB)

On ‘Clocked’ turn ‘Delay 1’ up to ‘/64’ (set value to 1) and it should run as expected.

2 Likes

The reason for this is, clock 1 goes directly to the GateSeq and clock 3 goes VIA Seq++ to the GateSeq, this makes Clock 3 arrive 1 sample too late to switch from 1 to 2. What Ahornberg suggests delays the clock inside the module itself, you can also use a simple sum module and place that between clock 1 and the GateSeq, to add 1 sample delay. Just remember every module adds 1 sample delay in a chain.

4 Likes

Probably not exactly what you need, but my 4X4 explicitly does this, with the limitation of 4 “tracks” of four “sections” each. The CV on each “track” lets you tell if the next section to play when the current one finishes, so it always stays in sync. I think there are other options of moving around, but that’s the basic one. Here’s the menu open for one track to determine what its CV does:

2 Likes

Not sure it will fix this problem but I’ve found many similar problems are solved by setting Clocked to not output high when not running and set both start and stop to send a reset signal on start and stop. YMMV

Not sure it will fix this problem but I’ve found many similar problems are solved by setting Clocked to not output high when not running and set both start and stop to send a reset signal on start and stop. YMMV

This is not the case. It’s a delay problem, as evidenced in the first two posts. Thanks anyway mate.

The reason for this is, clock 1 goes directly to the GateSeq and clock 3 goes VIA Seq++ to the GateSeq, this makes Clock 3 arrive 1 sample too late to switch from 1 to 2. What Ahornberg suggests delays the clock inside the module itself, you can also use a simple sum module and place that between clock 1 and the GateSeq, to add 1 sample delay. Just remember every module adds 1 sample delay in a chain.

You’re right on the nature of the problem but the sum solution doesn’t work you probably need a longer delay. Thank you anyway mate!

1 Like

Probably not exactly what you need, but my 4X4 explicitly does this, with the limitation of 4 “tracks” of four “sections” each. The CV on each “track” lets you tell if the next section to play when the current one finishes, so it always stays in sync. I think there are other options of moving around, but that’s the basic one. Here’s the menu open for one track to determine what its CV does:

I’ll give the 4x4 a try but my solution with the seq++ is the right tool for the job. It also works with the jooper (with an octave down before) and with the 8face, so i can control EVERYTHING on the track :slight_smile: Thank you anyway mate, the seq++ is a must.

1 Like

Bacon Music’s SampleDelay lets you delay a signal by a specific number of samples.

3 Likes