Frozen Wasteland 1.20.3

Hooray!

Thank you Eric, much appreciated.

I have a question for @almostEric about the Probably Not(e), Math Nerd Edition! I discovered this module yesterday; once I figured out how to use it, I found it massively simplifies a number of complicated workarounds I’ve built for JI quantizing. So thank you for building YET ANOTHER fantastic synthesis tool.

The question is about transposition using the KEY input. I like to modulate using 3:2 Pythagorean fifths - just about exactly 0.585V - but it seems as though PNMN interprets voltage to KEY as selecting one of twelve equal-temperament pitches.

Is there a way to directly control the root pitch from which this module constructs a scale? I [love the, am a] Math Nerd and if this is possible it would have every feature I could want. THANK YOU in advance -

2 Likes

Hi, you are correct that the key input is based on equal temperament. I like your idea though, I’ll come up with a solution soon

3 Likes

I appreciate that and i will be very much obliged!

Here’s what I’ve built with it so far. I made a table of numerators and denominators, in powers of 2, 3, 5, and 19, that form 4-, 5-, and 6-pitch scales, ordered from brightest tonality to darkest, loaded in into @synthi 's 02NAGOL, and scanned through them. I’m very glad I found the MATH NERD

3 Likes

Sounds lovely.

May you post the patch file, please! :pray:

1 Like