Feature Suggestion: Lockable View (not modules)

How useful would it be to lock the zoom level and pan? I’m imagining fixed rack users might use it, as well as those who want specific modules on screen while performing and don’t want to accidentally scroll/zoom mid song.

1 Like

I wouldn’t use it, I try to have everything patched to hardware controllers so I never have to touch the keyboard or mouse once a patch is up & running.

For feature requests and bug reports see: https://vcvrack.com/manual/Issues

1 Like

You can lock pan with my UnDuLar module! It’s meant specifically for my own needs to perform the rack live. It can also control the zoom (but won’t lock it) - is accidental zooming ever a problem on some setups?

1 Like

I second that. I use fixed racks mainly, so this would come in handy.

1 Like

I agree completely! It drives me crazy when I go for something in the top left and scroll by mistake so that everything is not where I want it to be and I have to stop what I am doing to get things back into position.

I just started using Aria Salvatrice’s UnDuLar and it really helps! Having that X and Y scroll locking capability built natively into VCV Rack would be great. Adding “Allow X axis scrolling” and “Allow Y axis scrolling” check mark menu items to the View menu, Just like “Lock cursor when dragging” would be so great!

1 Like