Eurorack Modules You Want in VCV Rack

Does this do something similar? - probability based branching which can loop back on itself

I havenā€™t got round to that yet. Was going to buy the commercial library when pay day comes round.

Oh yeah, forgot that one. In some regards it is similar to some of Ariaā€™s modules that are not available in Rack V2.

1 Like

Not that Squinkys modules are not the best sounding modules around here, but the Subharmonicon can be built with the awesome SlimeChild modules. They are paid, but worth every penny.

1 Like

Sorry a bit late, but have you tried noise engineeringā€™s VSTs? They are working absolutely awesome in VCV Host and BIA is just a perfect addition (as well as Desmodus).

oh, for sure those are nice ones. And I think Andrew said the Substitute and Kitchen Sink were unpolished and unprofessional, so thatā€™s probably true.

Late too. Planning on building a Percall as my hardware percussion solution, on the basis of finding it such a fun module here.

Tis one:

https://doepfer.de/home_e.htm

Im saving for the BIA vst currently, I love the free plugins too.

Percall is one of my go-to modules.

1 Like

The BIA as a plugin is great ! i used to patch over many years with 1-2 BIAs. But i iimediatedly understood the plugin better than i ever did with the euro BIA

my request: probably 2nd time posting it:

The Qu-Bit Nebulae2

i would pay for this one. i mean $100, not just $15 :laughing: a NEB2 in the PC (mac ARM native ready) would be awesome !!

Yes, a powerful granular samplar a la Nebulae or Morphagene would be nice.

I think the best solution for this in VCV Rack would be a granular expander for NYSTHI Simpliciter. Most of the functionality is already there in ā€œSTART and LENGTH modeā€ with the ā€œyummerā€, so if there could be an expander that allows you to manipulate grain size, shape and number I think this would be it.

Simpliciter in START and LENGTH mode, and the expander with:

-grain count (how many grains)

-grain envelope (attack and decay)

-randomization amount of pitch, START and LENGTH on a per-grain basis

@synthi Do you think this might be something you want to add? :slight_smile:

Right now the best option would probably be to use a VST like Ribs or Emergence (both free).

2 Likes

Hello Schabbes, would the Path Set ā€˜Grainsā€™ collection work for the expander idea for the Simpliciter. They are very versatile grain producers!

Iā€™m not sureā€¦ I only had a quick look at some youtube videos and they seemed to be rather limited so I havenā€™t got them yet.

Well I have set up an fx chain will all the modules and they do produce very nice ā€˜graininessā€™. Not tried them along with Simpliciter but I can give it a go if you like.

The CheeseGrater definitely looks like it would be what I would wantā€¦ maybe I should get itā€¦ I thought maybe I wait for a nice youtube tutorial to decideā€¦

There is a YouTube video on here on Cheese Grater on Patherosā€™ thread about the Grains collection admittedly it is not with Simpliciter. I sound like his sales team!

The idea was to expand simpliciter to make it act like this doesā€¦ CheeseGrater has itā€™s own sampler built in so it might already be perfect for granular sampling. I will probably have to get it.

It seems the functionality is all there, so my only fear now is that it doesnā€™t sound good - canā€™t really tell from the youtube video :slight_smile:

OK, salesteam! I have it now :slight_smile: Apart from some crackling sounds (which might be technically unavoidable - donā€™t know) the sound seems good.

The functionality is a bit different from what I expected (also couldnā€™t tell that from the youtube video nor the manual) and itā€™s a bit sad that it doesnā€™t allow to scan through the sample manually and instead always scans at original speed. With manual scanning and maybe some tweaks on some knob ranges this could be pretty perfect.