Eurorack Modules You Want in VCV Rack

“Eurorack Modules You Want in VCV Rack”

Only all those that exist. :rofl:

I would like some Doepfer modules, but only for a graphic matter. On a functional level, I believe that there are already so many modules, many of which I don’t even know what they are for, it seems useless to add more.

But I would like the brands already included in Rack, such as Erica, Befaco, Audible Instruments, to expand their collection, up to being able to build an entire Befaco system, an entire Erica system etc …

2 Likes

Andrew said some Doepfer modules should be coming to VCV quite soon, and if they sell well enough to support the development, there are plans to eventually port over a substantial part of the Doepfer collection to VCV.

Of particular interest is that all the Doepfer modules, even the basic utilities like VCAs, will be analog modelled.

7 Likes

This definitely isn’t the same thing exactly, but Satanonaut by Voxglitch is a really powerful glitchy effect. It’s a circuit bent-sounding buffer delay that has 15 or so glitch modes with three glitch parameters for each mode in addition to drive, feedback, dry-wet, and time. It doesn’t sound like a delay at all though, it’s a hellish noise monster.

Would love all the Make Noise modules like Maths and Morphagene because the hardware’s not cheap and I’d really like to trial it in software before forking out for the hardware knowing I could make best use of it.

1 Like

there is a maths clone for VCV outside the library at friedrichs audio iirc

1 Like

I suppose I should rephrase as I’d like to see officially licensed clones of the Make Noise hardware

2 Likes

I like the Nebulae2 from Qu-bit. is there allready something very similar in VCV ?
(or tipps on a plugin that can do same and sounds same?)

1 Like

mutable clouds (audible instruments texture synthesizer) is the first thing that comes to mind.

I would like to have the Strymon Magneto and Starlab,

(… dreams are my reality …)

2 Likes

If you are into reverbs, Noise Engineering released their Desmodus as a VST, which runs (and modulates) really nicely in HOST FX.

Edit: Nevermind, both Strymons are Delays :stuck_out_tongue: Confused it with another module, I guess…

1 Like

not exactly, the Starlab is delay and reverb and soundmodule,
it can do Karplus synthesis and work as a resonator, and a shimmer reverb and a filter and much much more …

Ok, now I want that too. :wink:

2 Likes

thanks, but no, thats not the same. Both are great in their very own way. But thats different ways…:wink:

OK, I know there are better options in VCV Rack but this one is so cute somehow: Hikari Eucrhythm.

I don’t have hardware so I don’t have a module in mind, but :

If somebody wants to build a Comb filter with a controllable feedback, something like SerumFX’s Comb+ mode, I would be the first to rush to beta-testing and you will have my gratitude for eternity (yes, I can use Host, but I don’t and I won’t until I have explored the whole free library, I’m almost halfway)

1 Like

I forgot to precise “completely not sounding like Vult Rescomb”, which is very analog-y, medium range and not subtle, I like it nonetheless but not for what I would initially intend to do with it

1 Like

Speaking about comb filters that I’d love to see in VCV, what about the ones in MComb by Meldaproduction ? I love the sound they have when modulated, with would be crazy nice to have in a real modular environment (I try my best to emulate that in MXXX but it is not the same). It is my go to effect for futuristic sound design when using acoustic sounds.

1 Like

Maybe we need a “VST Plugins Parts You Want in VCV Rack” section :thinking:

1 Like

Well I think some people will tell us to go see that famous “Host module”, that does seem awesome. I am like you, I keep going at the free part of the library before going elsewhere, there is already so much…

1 Like