Eurorack Modules You Want in VCV Rack

Here’s my proof of concept patch. Much has yet to be done and it arrives muted by as a precaution (I have not left the feedback or delay set too high). I’ve also patched in a small sequencer as a sound source, but you can route this to take sound from your DAW or whatever.

It is most fun and rewarding if you have a MIDI controller to drive the different faders with.

I’ve used free modules only, but there’s a wide selection drawn upon. You may need to load some new modules, but if you are a completist and have everything you won’t be missing anything! LOL.

Have fun. I am interested to hear your feedback. I’ve just posted a small demo track on my SoundCloud account (AmbientSpace) called “Brigade of Buckets”.

Hi Andy, Here’s my crude Sherman interpretation. I made it about 6 months ago and since then have developed some new routing ideas and will want to come back to it. YMMV.

Here’s an update from today. I’ve switched out Hora Flux for Erica Fusion delay and have enabled some drive and colour options. I’ve also dropped in a filter after each delay pair for extra character if you should desire to enable it and use the modulation to control the frequency.

Next is to find some hiss and crackle. And sorry, but I left the mute off and it will sing at you.

Thank you so much. I will have a play around with it and get get back to you. I’m just messing with Nysthi Quad Panner through Polyphonic delay and Flag Tap Dancer at present. There are samples used but I’m sure you have some to mess with. Here’s the patch see what you think:

Res Guitar thrum Tap D+QD Panner duo+Poly delay.vcv (8.1 KB)

Version 1 is more dirty and Throbbing Gristle like a good thing in my book. Version 0 gives it more of sparkly under the sea effect and more ghost like. I have added a bit of movement by clocking the size of the Plateau which it gives a more wobbly effect. So both are wonderful and I don’t which I prefer. Next, I’ll try a fake Resonator Guitar through both. Well done so far!

Here’s version 3. Noise and crackle added. Noise level added. Delay mix levels added. Fog routing for pre-delay, post-delay, without delay and bypass. I think that may be enough for now. I want to go play with it and see what I can do with it now as it feels pretty complete.

Hello again, I’m playing around with version 3 and the delay buttons don’t seem to correspond to the intermix settings for the Delay Switcher. The order does not relate to the settings on Intermix. A bit confused.

I’ll have a look at that later today. I think I may have had a moments confusion in a rewiring effort. Sorry about that.

No problem. The ‘Fog only’ seems to wipe out the delay fxs is it supposed to? Just seems different from version 2, might be me messing up stuff though! Much appreciated.

Just wondering if you have had time to consider the Q-Bit Nautilus yet, any ideas where to start with that?

That’s right. ‘Fog Only’ bypasses the delay network, but some noise can be introduced when the Ns-Ckl-Ns is adjusted past 50% to 100% (the noise level will need to be set so it is introduced into mix though).

This version is very different from v2. I’m still trying to get my head around using v3 too - I’ve only had a few minutes to do so this morning. I run it through Reason as a send effect inside a Combinator, so I’ve got the added joy of setting up controls in the Combinator that are linked to the PatchMaster controls. And then how to ‘perform’ with it. I’ll share some results as they come together.

Working on this has lead me to think I can pull off a Nautilus hack. I’ll keep you posted.

Thank you for your feedback and interest in what I am doing. I’ll share updated versions in the next 24 hours (just starting a full work day and I have an event to attend tonight).

1 Like

Here’s version 4. I’m not happy that I can’t unify the delay times between modules (like so all of them have a 2000ms delay with the faders in the same position, but BBD seems to top out at 1 second. I may go back to Flux, not sure though.

I’ve put a piano roll in with some fun notes, but there is an annoying pulse that I have not had time to figure out. I hope you get some enjoyment from this.

:alien: :alien: :alien: :alien: :alien:

You sure know how to make life complicated for yourself. Enjoyed chatting and seeing how you have developed the different versions. I like Fusion BBD modules best. The Delay Plus for me does not do enough in V3, are there any other digital delay modules? This one perhaps :

VCV Library - kocmoc DDLY (vcvrack.com)

1 Like

Today, we say goodbye to four of our popular modules: Basimilus Iteritas Alter, Manis Iteritas, Cursus Iteritas, and Ataraxic Iteritas.

https://noiseengineering.us/blogs/loquelic-literitas-the-blog/goodbye-iteritas

Ah, very interesting. I’ve worked with XMOS, and it is an interesting family of chips, definitely not very user friendly! They’re especially good with precise timing of interlinked parallel processes. I can imagine that porting code from them to a different processor would probably require a total re-architecture.

Anyone talented and knowledgeable enough to review this?

Unfortunately Livestock Electronics has been discontinued. All manuals, firmware etc. can be downloaded here: Livestock Downloadable Content

A related ModWiggler forum is here

How goes it the world of experimental delay sets? Did you get anywhere with the Nautilus patch. Did you produce any audio in Ableton Live etc? Hope you are well and hearty?

@ady34 I watched a few videos on the Nautilus and wasn’t that impressed to be honest. I think I was expecting it to sound more ‘watery’, given the name! I did accidentally make an underwater sound with delays and polyphonic filters though :wink:

Is the ‘watery’ underwater sound an old one or new one? Might be interesting to hear that one again. Thanks much appreciated.

It was from a while ago now, although it’s had a few variations. Not sure it ended up sounding anything like the Nautilus but I did vaguely consider emulating it.