Eurikon - music

+1 for a squinky dark skin :slight_smile:

1 Like

After playing around in the living room with a small music-box thingy that has the melody for the movie soundtrack in it.
I couldn’t resist to create the melody in VCV Rack, shortly there after i bounced the VCV Rack melody stems to Reason.

My attempt at “La Valse d’Amelie” , sort of.
Far from done yet,
but coming along nicely :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Excellent! I’ve spent many hours listening to Tiersen and practising some of his piano pieces
 I like what you did with it (percussions are sweet!), and your piece really made me smile Latif!

1 Like

When a tune sounds so nice, that you can’t stop listening to it! :sweat_smile:

iPad is sending clock pulse from CoVariant plugin through ADAT to VCV Rack - Impromptu Clocked, rocksteady sync.

• 1 Breakbeat programmed in DrumComputer Sugarbytes on the iPad, wonderful creative drumsynth.
  • 3 notes bell like percussion in Polypad on the iPad.

These both go through ADAT to VCV Rack - MindMeld MixMaster

Rest of the patch is in VCV Rack, 2nd breakbeat, percussive noise break through step modulated filter, stacked bassline, FM Chord.

All of this is mixed in 4 groups in MindMeld MixMaster, the groups leave the Rack through ADAT to the TLAudio console for analog tube saturated summing.
Which is basicly inserted into the signal path of the busses, meaning the processed groups come back into the group busses of MindMeld MixMaster.

For wet mixdown with AUX fx, and then as 2 track stereo back to the console.
Good old ADAT rocks!

8 Likes

Very nice groove indeed!

1 Like

That beat is marvellous! Reminds me a lot of what is possibly my most favourite ~dancefloor originated album of the past years

1 Like

that sounds really good! Do I spy a couple of F2 Filters in there?

1 Like

Yep :wink: one is assigned to the percussive noise break, lovely filter! The other one is waiting to be patched.

1 Like

Nice TLA board! I got the FatTrack in the studio. Haven’t used it much for summing purposes in Rack, but this inspires me to try out a few configurations. I especially like how you have it coming back into the Mindmeld Mixer! Will have to give that a shot :grin:

1 Like

Hi Simon! How are you my friend :slight_smile: so good to see you active here at the forum!

Yeah i had my eye on the FatTrack last year, it was fitted with the DO-8 expansion. The seller kept me waiting three months, at which he decided not to sell it anymore :smiley:

So then i forgot about it until 3 weeks ago, i stumbled on this console. it is still in such pristine condition my mind was blown, the pots feel still as new. And it came fitted with the DO-8 and! the DO-2. Not only is this console rare to find, but with both of these expansions in it, is mind blowing.

It totally fits so well in the ADAT chain i have, now the RME interfaces (Digiface USB & Babyface FS pro) prove their work so greatly!

For some people this console had a gripe that the tubes can not be disabled or bypassed, but that was exactly what i wanted it for. After all they determine the character of the console, all together with the discrete circuitry.

If you need any further insight or tips on this setup let me know :slight_smile:

Dreams of being awake - Eurikon

75% VCV Rack
25% Reason

Arranged in Reason.

6 Likes

:+1:

1 Like

Well hello there VCV 2 :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Looking and sounding great Latif! :+1: :sunglasses:

1 Like

Thanks Marc, really excited about the switch to VCV 2! :smiley: