Error building plugin with Rack 2 SDK on Mac

I have two versions of the Rack SDK on my mac, in directories named Rack-SDK-1 and Rack-SDK-2

Running make against Rack v1 SDK works as usual:

c++  -std=c++11 -stdlib=libc++   -fPIC -I/Users/grough/code/Rack-SDK-1/include -I/Users/grough/code/Rack-SDK-1/dep/include -MMD -MP -g -O3 -march=nocona -funsafe-math-optimizations -Wall -Wextra -Wno-unused-parameter -DARCH_MAC -mmacosx-version-min=10.7  -c -o build/src/plugin.cpp.o src/plugin.cpp
c++ -o plugin.dylib build/src/plugin.cpp.o  -shared -undefined dynamic_lookup -stdlib=libc++ -mmacosx-version-min=10.7 

Running make against Rack v2 SDK yields this error:

c++  -std=c++11 -stdlib=libc++   -fPIC -I/Users/grough/code/Rack-SDK-2/include -I/Users/grough/code/Rack-SDK-2/dep/include -MMD -MP -g -O3 -march=nocona -funsafe-math-optimizations -Wall -Wextra -Wno-unused-parameter -DARCH_MAC -mmacosx-version-min=10.9  -c -o build/src/plugin.cpp.o src/plugin.cpp
c++ -o plugin.dylib build/src/plugin.cpp.o  -shared -L/Users/grough/code/Rack-SDK-2 -lRack -undefined dynamic_lookup 
ld: library not found for -lRack
clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)
make: *** [plugin.dylib] Error 1

Being not so good with C++ stuff, I’m wondering if there’s something simple I missed here. I have both versions of Rack installed on my system and I double checked the guides for building and migrating plugins, but haven’t been able to get passed this error. Thanks for any help.

Edit: I’ve updated to Rack-SDK-2.git.042a9ce0-mac.zip and can now build successfully.

I had trouble on my Mac as well and reported it to Andrew. I believe that the pre-packaged SDK is missing a pre-compiled library binary. In the meantime, I downloaded Rack from the v2 branch and compiled it from source. I’ve been using that instead of the minimized Rack-SDK folder and it’s been working fine.

2 Likes

Building with the SDK does not work correctly at the moment. The necessary Rack library is not included in the SDK yet. Please compile Rack from source and your plugin from the Rack source tree for now.

2 Likes

Christoph - do you happen to know if this issue has been fixed in the new Mac SDK posted today?

Yes, it seems so. I was able to build my plugin using the 042a9ce0 SDK on my mac just now.