Entrian Sequencers, Entrian Acoustic Drums, and Entrian Free, for Rack V2

I’m very pleased to announce that all the Entrian plugins are now in the VCV Library for Rack V2:

Entrian Sequencers: DAW-like piano-roll sequencers for melodies, chord sequences, CV, and drums. Demo video:

Entrian Acoustic Drums: Real acoustic drums, sampled with multiple round-robin samples in multiple velocity layers. Demo video:

Entrian Free: Includes free play-only versions of the Entrian Sequencers, which can import and play MIDI files, and Entrian Follower, a pitch and envelope follower.

What’s new in this release:

• Added the “Automatically create repeat markers when recording” option. Thanks, nay-seven. See #68
  • Fixed a crash-on-exit bug. Thanks, Drew, Ewen, and Vortico. See #73
  • Added Swing (#57):

Swing!

The Swing feature lets you offset some of the beats within the rhythm of your piece, so that rather than a regular rhythm, DAH dah DAH dah DAH dah DAH dah, some of the notes are offset. A typical swing rhythm delays every even-numbered note so that the odd-numbered notes are about twice as long as the even-numbered ones: DAH… dah-DAH… dah-DAH… dah-DAH…

The Entrian sequencers give you quite a lot of flexibility when defining a Swing pattern:

• You can offset quarter notes, eighth notes, or sixteenth notes.
  • You can either delay them or bring them forward in time.
  • You can control the exact fraction of a note by which they are offset.

You can define separate swing patterns for:

• The whole sequence.
  • Different songs within a sequence.
  • Different tracks within a song.
  • Different clips within a track.
  • Different channels (eg. drum voices) within a clip.

A more-specific pattern overrides a less-specific one, so for example a track-wide pattern applies to all the clips in that track unless a specific clip defines its own pattern.

Swing can be applied to both melody and drum tracks.

The potential for making a truly hideous cacophany is huge. You’re welcome.

Manuals here:

Get the plugins here:

23 Likes

I instantly bought these when I noticed them becoming available in the V2 Library a little while ago :blush: ! Thank you for making them available, these have been on my shortlist for must-have modules that add so much to the VCV environment. Cheers!

2 Likes

finally you did it, :+1:

thanks a lot, Richie!!!

1 Like

… and finally, here they are. My favorite sequencers. :alien:

1 Like

(sorry for previous post deletion, can’t recover it).

Hello Richie, just some words about your free drummer sequencer (player), in my opinion it’s not a good way to limit it for “MIDI import only”. At least by giving a chance to try the editor - eg for phrase #1 only and not others - before buy. I think it’s a better idea (IMHO, obviously). :wink:

Nag (from editor) is too intrusive => Disappointed, I’ve removed this module, then…

I’m developing, for my commercial OhmerPrems plugin, a drum-based sequencer (FroeZe, 15+AC tracks/trigger outputs, 64 steps per track - resizable track(s), upto… 512 patterns, pattern only/song option, expander module, more “simple” - regardling your modules - eg no internal swing / ratcheting, no velocity outputs, and so on). Without a license key, this FroeZe module acts as full unlimited player (in order to play patches created by OhmerPrems members), but editing is restricted to Pattern #1 (others can’t altered). Also, pattern (or track) copy from another pattern, is not possible, too.

Maybe you’ll can consider this option (for future updates). Of course, every developer have his policy concerning limited demo, be sure I can understand/respect this.

Regards,

Dominique Camus - Ohmer Modules / OhmerPrems

dood - way to spoil a party!

1 Like

What are you meaning exactly?

(sorry because English isn’t my main language - and not sure about English-French translator)

dood

?

way to spoil a party!

Please read carefully my post again, I used a polite and courteous tone, to topic author (Richie Hindle) not you, so I consider your reply as inappropriate, except if I do not understood/interpret correctly your reply above (I admit it’s possible). Thank you.

1 Like

Hi Dominique, thanks for your comment! I disagree that Entrian Free should allow editing of Phrase 1 - many people only use one phrase, and the restriction would have no effect in that case. I’m happy with my system.

Best of luck with your plugin!

1 Like

Thanks Richie for your reply, appreciated!

I understand - and like I’ve said, every developer have his (respectable) policy.

…many people only use one phrase…

Perhaps I’ll must reconsider this, too! :wink: → Done!

Best of luck with your plugin!

Thanks - merci - about plugin development encouragement. :ok_hand: :pray:

De nombreuses erreurs de sens sont dues à une mauvaise traduction - mais pour l’avenir, si vous ne voulez pas recevoir de réponses d’une autre personne sur les forums, utilisez plutôt un message direct :slight_smile:

1 Like

Bonjour - Je m’adressais au développeur (même si j’aurais dû le contacter en privé), et c’est… un autre qui répond, surtout le sens de sa réponse.

D’ailleurs, le développeur, Richie, lui au moins a eu la gentillesse de répondre normalement, ici même, sans moqueries, très clairement et avec des arguments : parfait ! quant à l’autre… là, je ne vois pas.

Mais ici, c’est comme partout ailleurs dans le monde : certains s’octroient des privilèges d’ancienneté, de réputation, ou je ne sais quoi d’autre (simple bêtise humaine peut-être) pour venir jouer les caïds : je déteste cela !

En tout cas, ScreenSlave, merci pour votre message.

Nous aimons plaisanter entre nous ici - je suis certain qu’il ne s’agissait pas d’un manque de respect.

1 Like

English please…

2 Likes

Sorry - subject is close, don’t worry.

Hi folks, had no deal with this good stuff yet, one question - it is possible to use these seq-s as midi (or cv) loopers ? I mean, recording is modulate-able here ?

Here’s the manual

1 Like

omg good made, thanks.