Effects Patches

Hey kwurqx,

Thanks for the explanation. Haven’t done anything else with guitar but I’ve been playing around with waveguides and oscillators. Don’t usually do drones but this was fun!

1 Like

Having fun is what it’s all about!

…unless you have to/want to make a living out of it and have other people (and their money) determine what you should or should not do…

BTW…

You could use these concepts in more subtle ways…just as an (added) effect. Either 100% (low modulation levels) or mixed in at some ratio with the original signal (e.g. at 1% amplitude). Phase Modulation is just a ‘special case’ of ‘waveshaping’. Just like overdrive, wave folding, ringmod/AM etc. Where you can ‘play’ with the incoming signal (modulator) and/or the transformation (carrier/transferfunction) to see what evenytually comes out the other end (audiosignal)

1 Like

Maybe on or off topic but I have created a patch in the style of a EMS Synthi Hi Fli, was wondering if it would be any use for your guitar Effects projects, it uses Macro and Resonator as the guitar source in the patch. It has a six effects in a vague rendition of the Hi Fli guitar Multifx style. Here it is:

Synthi Hi fli switched.vcv (6.9 KB)

Audio to follow

Stream Synthi Hi Fli -many tones by Adrian Bottomley | Listen online for free on SoundCloud

3 Likes

Sorry Ady, forgot to reply but couldn’t get anything useful out of that with guitar. It was just a bit too noisy and distorted for my taste! Anyway, here’s the latest iteration of my ‘FX morphing’ idea inspired by the old Lexicon Vortex hardware.

Not the best demo, but I think the patch probably deserves a few more videos. At some points it makes sounds where I’m not even sure which effect it was! If I get time, I’d also like to do a tutorial video explaining how it works.

There’s a longer demo here too:

4 Likes

Thanks , shame you couldn’t get anything out of the ‘Synthi Hi Fli’ patch. C’est la vie! Is the ‘FX Morphing’ one above available as a patch or are you still refining it?

Still refining it, I have a few more bits of control to add (like some attenuation on the Soundstage modulation) and a few more ‘presets’ for the Transit slots. I’m not sure it will ever be finished! Could share a work in progress if you want though. If you don’t have Soundstage you’d have to wire in another reverb and bind it to Transit. You can get some cool sounds morphing through different size/decay settings with Plateau too. It’s designed for live input, but I think I included a sampler and mixer so you can chuck other sounds through it if you don’t play an instrument.

Here you go, uploaded anyway. Please read the disclaimer :wink:

1 Like

Thank you kind sir, see if I can get my head around all them LFOs and other myriad things!

Here’s another one, using the external audio input of Rings:

Demo:

The video uses a Juno-6 for audio input, but it was originally for guitar and obviously you can patch anything you want through it, that’s the great thing. Turning off the VCOs and sending noise through makes cymbal/gong/belltree sounds. For pitched sounds, set the quantiser to the same key you’re playing in.

4 Likes