Edit Rack Color Scheme?

Thanks ever so much Paul, it’s a real quality of life improvement! It now sits happily in my template and works even when disabled/bypassed :slight_smile:

1 Like

excellent! Now if also the Rack itself could go same contrast setting it would all look nice. The lighter on darker grey big canvas does clash with the high contrast menu/tooltip setting, but my eyes are much happier!

Hmm… OT: at the end all this will lead us to skins and themes…

So I did a few more cleanups to my module - it is smaller, has a display, cleans up a couple of color ambiguities.

If you all want to give the nightly which just built a test and let me know, if it works for you I can drop it in the library along with one other change as BP 2.3.0

Or, if someone wants to do a better job at this, speak up!

3 Likes

:+1: here it works fine!

1 Like

Yup, still works great Paul, thanks!

1 Like

Cool just got it ready to go and submitted it to library. 2.3.0 should be here soon.

5 Likes

Thanks Paul!

I downloaded and am trying to install the vcvplugin (for ARM64) file from github. I put it in my vcvplugins folder and restarted rack, as the instructions said.

A BaconMusic folder was created in my plugins directory, but for some reason BaconMusic does not appear in the list of manufactures in the VCV module browser. What am I doing wrong?

You are probably using the Arm64 plugin with the NOT Arm64 version of VCV ?

1 Like

That was it. Thanks everyone.

3 Likes

This module is now in the library with the 2.3.0 update of BaconMusic

Thanks!

7 Likes

Thanks! I love it!!

1 Like

Rack 2.3.0 introduced a more fulsome version of what this module does it seems! Just fyi

I’ll probably hide this but not remove it in an upcoming baconplugs this spring

3 Likes

While the new high contrast dark theme in Rack 2.3.0 does improve contrast in menus, unfortunately it does not improve contrast in the tooltips like yours does, so I would love to hang on to it for as long as possible. It’s been a great help!

2 Likes

Oh we should let the support folks know that!

And I’ve done that

2 Likes

I think dark mode is a matter of light down, then adding glow to the UI which isn’t noticed in lights up mode. Yes the gore of medium cyan might experimentally look bad, but it’s got green intensity and blue eye stimulation of chemicals to wake up people. I guess that’s why the next plugin I’m making (also helps split MIT/GPL3 modules) has lights down glows of red/amber/green and very little blue (except for the title ego on modules, and LED labels).

Iris light opening helps with the stars if wanted in a dimmed Trek mode. I don’t mind improvements to such with scientific facts.

1 Like

I heard from our friends at support that they have this addressed for a future release. Once it is in a production numbered build I’ll hide my module but not until then. Thanks for pointing it out @LarsBjerregaard !

5 Likes