Dustcat - music with vcv rack

this is the thread where I will post what I consider good enough to be shared with you, I hope you will all like it, criticism are very welcome as I am always trying to get better

the first patch I consider to be a “full” track:

this is my latest patch:

4 Likes

a la cure

The proceeding are, of course, one person’s subjective opinions:

“Joyride” feels a bit console-nostalgia/happy-chiptune-ish, while “Wavetrip” definitely has a synthwave, mid-to-late-80s Italo Disco vibe to it. As your confidence grows, so will the complexity of your patches, no doubt!

While one of the reasons for my getting into Rack was a fondness for the experimental ambient soundscape-y stuff it’s great at, I’m always happy to see Rack showing off its versatility… modules don’t care what genre something is, they’re just there to help however they can! :wink:

2 Likes

new track ! am using the amazing entrian timeline from @Richie

2 Likes

Very nice track! Great to hear Timeline in real-world use!

1 Like

new track !

1 Like

here’s a live performance I did just for fun ! some errors here and there but whatever I had fun :smile:

1 Like

Nice live performance! :clap::clap:

1 Like

new track !

1 Like

new track, tried something very chill this time

1 Like

new track day !

new track, this one is very different from the others, It was a challenge to see if I could make a DNB/neurofunk track with vcv rack, well here is the result

in other news this might be my last track on vcv rack (I’ll keep vcv rack for live music/jam) because of the limitations I have with entrian timeline and cpu usage in general, 98% continuous usage of my overclocked to 4.5Ghtz 8600k is no fun

Nice.

1 Like

well, its been a while since my last track on VCV Rack, so I decided to get back to it (never really left vcv rack just haven’t done any full track on it since) and here’s the result:

2 Likes