Dreamworld Plus One Challenge (September 2024)

Another option is… just lowering or increasing the volume of one channel over the other; this needs only some kind of attenuator; but still, separate L & R.

Both my patches for this challenge do some form of this “panning without panner; but with mixer”, so you might wanna look at either, or both.

Thanks! It seems so simple.

1 Like

#3 Clockwork

clockwork.vcv (7.6 KB)

8 Likes

@veryfungi That was a beautiful and super mellow patch, and I really appreciate the explanatory captions. Explaining how your patch works is an educational bonus for people, which is a key part of our mission here.

2 Likes

Love the steampunk clock :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks a lot. I got this new video editor Movavi and it makes adding stuff really easy. I like mellow. haha!

hi! #2 aurora dream a generative, slow evolving patch with LFOs SurgeXT + VCVfree

patch and video:

5 Likes

Loved all entries so far! :heart_eyes:

Here’s my very dreamy and calming ambient patch.

I chose SurgeXT as the plus one, as this collection gives you great sound and modulation sources as well as effects. But of course I couldn’t do without valley plateau as the end of chain reverb.

The main idea was to replace my usual chord sequencing with 2 SEQ-3s, summing their CV outputs into a polyphonic cable to provide the harmonies of this ambient piece. And then other voices pick up some of the chord notes to complement the pad. This patch also includes my fake ambient piano setup (SurgeXT Twist VCO into a roomy reverb). I am still surprised how convincing this sounds from time to time.

Video

Patch

18 Likes

Now that’s legit dreamworld stuff right there… My brain is lit af. :slight_smile: Super good job! I will head over to youtube and do the things.

2 Likes

Wonderful ambient patch, far better than mine!

1 Like

Not better, just different. :slight_smile: Thank you!

This would not be bad for the opening of a remix of Pink Floyd’s Time :slight_smile: :ok_hand:

1 Like

#4 Holy Voices

holy voices.vcv (65.5 KB)

13 Likes

Wow! Accidentally, I was under headphones when I started the video, and got overwhelmed by this soundscape. Fantastic creation!

Thanks! The whole patch happended mostly by accident because I still have absolutely no clue how that esoteric Geodesics modules work. :face_with_peeking_eye:

3 Likes

Nightdrift: A patch that uses only VCV modules plus Valley Plateau as reverb

11 Likes

A dream itself is but a shadow

A tapestry woven from pads and sounds created with free VCV and NYSTHI modules, plus a compressor from Squinky Labs as the wildcard.

Lots of fairy dust to drift and soothe, with an occasional troll appearing.

Two additive synths (NYSTHI Phasor) provide a pad with spectra of left and right stereo channels morphing independently. NYSTHI Squonk as a pitch and parameter sequencer with self-randomization after the last step. Another flowing pad in the background. Noise swells with stereo echo.

Press the PUSH button in the upper right corner of the patch to start and stop audio.

“A dream itself is but a shadow.” William Shakespeare, Hamlet

8 Likes

I like how much effect you are getting with just a few modules. Great patch!

Hi! another dreamy patch…inspired by Allen Strange Dream Machine patch and a recent video about that, using NYSTHI and VCV modules. Wise men dream at night. listen to SAM.

Wild new Ubik salad dressing, not Italian, not French, but an entirely new and different taste treat that’s waking up the world. Wake up to Ubik and be wild! Safe when taken as directed.

:crossed_fingers:

8 Likes

Wild. Bizarre. Good. :+1:

But also nightmarish :ghost: