Dreamworld Plus One Challenge (September 2024)

I’m fine with that.

1 Like

My second of five entries is a deep delta brainwave drone:

The patch is available here.

7 Likes

Is there an easy way in the browser to distinguish VCV Free from VCV Paid at module select time?

also, if you want a collection with a bunch of modulators, VCOs, reverts and delays, and filters…well…

1 Like

Right-click on the module in the browser and look at the Plugin field.

Right. So roughly “no other than click each one!” But thanks! I’m glad I wasn’t missing anything.

In the end I only needed a handful of free modules anyway. It was mostly working around Seq3 being a pretty rudimentary sequencer.

YT is uploading. Once it’s done I’ll come back and edit this. But here’ the patch storage

3 Likes

Very nice composition! And Surge XT is definitely a strong choice for anyone’s “plus one” plugin.

1 Like

Here is a minimal entry using only Venom modules plus VCV Delay, Audio, and Recorder, plus Valley Plateau.

10 Likes

Toyed with two other patches, but let’s get the obvious out of the way: Audimutable Instruments + an extra Plateau.

16 Likes

No.2, “Shepard’s Dream”, Bogaudio (and Plateau). Went a lot back and forth with this: Count Modula has a Shepard Tone generator, but not a lot other modules that make a great lot of sense within this challenges’s restriction and then I’d be left with whatever has a reverb. Went and (tried to) build one with the core modules, which kinda worked, but only with the right timing of manually resetting 8 LFOs.

7 Likes

a microtonal dream world:

dream world in 33ed4.vcv (40.3 KB)

7 Likes

Used only VCV modules and one Galactic.

13 Likes

used VCV and Surge XT

2024_09_05_dreamworld_rsmus7_01.vcv (18.3 KB)

10 Likes

No. 3/5. Valley (and a MIX8)

11 Likes

So many great patches have been posted! I’m eager to see what happens over the weekend.

my second entry:

this time VCV and audible instruments and one galaxy module

the patch: 2024_09_06_dreamworld_ALT_rsmus7_02.vcv (15.1 KB)

10 Likes
5 Likes
7 Likes

Just daydreaming, sitting at the edge of the canyon …
Plugins: Surge, VCVFree, and the MscHack mixer as wildcard.

7 Likes

here my third entry:

this time I used VCV and Impromptu and Valley’s Plateau

the patch:
2024_09_08_dreamworld_X3_rsmus7_01.vcv (15.7 KB)

5 Likes
6 Likes