Does Vcv rack 2 Pro work with Pro Tools 12.5?

Hi there, I’m new to modular, and can’t find the answer in either this forum or Google search …. so forgive my question if it seems obvious…. I have vcv rack 2 free (which is just f*<~|••$ amazing, and I love Omri Cohens tutorials and various other vcv YouTubers’) but wondered, as a pro tools user would the pro version work with PT 12.5 on Mac OS Sierra …? Or doesn’t it work with PT at all yet? I Could use Blue Cats Patchwork plug-in but that usually involves lots of midi learning for each parameter you want to change… I’m wanting to sync record from random generators in vcv to two external synths - each connected to vcv via usb midi. Many thx

Mac Pro 5,1 96 Gb ram 3.33 ghz Moog grandmother Neutron Arp AXXE

I use it in patchwork…There’s no more midi learning than you’d have to do anyway, is there?..I have’nt tried taking midi out of vcv in pt yet actually, but I’d imagine it’s fairly straightforward using the CV to midi module and then route it wherever in pro tools…what I’ve found most finicky is clocking…I tend to go from the daw into clocked (at 24 I think) into whatever…

Hi there, thx for your reply. Glad to hear it’s working in PT ! When you say you go into “clocked at 24”, do you mean the vcv module that’s called “clocked”? Yeah I’m worried that the ever-scrolling-automation-options of Patchwork might put me off using it. So do you use the pro version with PT or can vcv free be synced via Patchwork too?

I take the clock from the daw module into the ‘clocked’ module set at 24ppi (or whatever it’s called) i think…that kinda syncs it up i think… Midi routing via patchwork isn’t an issue…whatever midi inputs are available inside vcv once the track in pro tools is record enabled…the midi map module then lets you map whatever to whatever… You might be able to send the midi straight from vcv to your external synths too then, without having to route them in pt…