Does Anyone Use VCV to make synths for DAWs?

Hello,

I’m just browsing through trying to find if someone uses VCV Rack to make synths to record a song with on a DAW rather than making an entire song with the rack only? I can’t seem to find anything. I’m new to modular synths so I’m not sure if that’s a weird thing to do. Can someone maybe point me in the direction of anyone who has done it?

Here is how I have been doing it:

Another way in reaper

Another way in ableton

2 Likes

Hi Why not, you can do anything with VCV rack. Its a great work from all developers. I am starting with VCV since a couple of days with a Genos Keyboard and Reaper. I will create all my songs in reaper and use VCV for effects or sounds or sequences or whatever.

1 Like

Cool thanks! I am actually watching his Basics of VCV Rack video at this very moment haha.

2 Likes

Hi and welcome to the forum!

It depends on how you wish to integrate VCV into your workflow. It will be more common and easier to do once the VST version of VCV Rack (Rack for Daws), is available. Which in itself can be loaded inside your DAW.

At that time you will find more patches being released as instruments for in a DAW.

For now you can search for “strips” as they are called, right here on the forum and on patchstorage website.

These are 3 that i made not solong ago.

Hope this helps.

2 Likes

Oh ok sweet! Do you have your music posted anywhere?

Hi. It’s funny - as soon as I posted my question I found your music which pretty much answers my question lol. Awesome sounds in your Free Instruments video. Love it. Thanks for sharing.

2 Likes

That’s the primary way I use it. I have it on its own dedicated machine. I can send MIDI and up to 8 channels of audio from my DAW to my VCV Rack machine and back. It’s the ultimate configurable instrument and effects machine.

You can use JACK to send the audio and MIDI from Rack into your DAW and/or vice versa.

Have you ever wanted to take the audio output of one piece of software and send it to another? How about taking the output of that same program and send it to two others, then record the result in the first program? (…) If so, JACK may be what you’ve been looking for.