DHE Modules - Releases

Interesting. I’ve considered that from time to time. But I’ve always ended up confused trying to figure out what to do if the incoming signals have different polyphony.

Maybe it’s time to consider it again.

1 Like

If you liked Sequencizer and Curve Sequencer, there’s now a scannable version called Scannibal.

If you didnt’ like Sequencizer and Curve Sequencer, there’s now a scannable version called Scannibal.

Pick up a copy today at your friendly local VCV library!

14 Likes

Looks good! Will try…

1 Like

Thanks a lot, Dale, for your latest additions (nice Sequencizers family and last versatile Scanniballic coll), you are one of my “hidden heroes” in VCV world :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you. That’s nice to hear!

I developed a few new modules…

I want to release them immediately, because I think people will find them very useful.

I also want to take the time to develop some presets to include in the initial release, because I think people will find them very useful.

A dilemma.

7 Likes

In these troubled times I searched for truth. Finding none, I found it necessary to create my own.

And now you can, too!

Build latches, flip-flops, presidential election outcomes, or any any other boolean function from the states or transitions of 2, 3, or 4 inputs.

Also: Buttons!

truth buttons

Truth and Buttons are now available in DHE Modules.

16 Likes

I’ve submitted an update to the Truth modules, with an improvement that I should have noticed before the original release: You can now make state-dependent truth tables like flip-flops and latches by selecting Q or ¬Q as the result for a row, rather than selecting Q as the input for column 1.

The big benefit of this is that, in effect, each Truth module gains an extra input: The previous output (Q).

An important notice for those of you who made a state-dependent truth table with the original modules (that is, if you selected Q for column 1):

• When you update DHE-Modules, your patch will look a little different. In particular, the module selects Q and ¬Q in some places where you originally selected T or F.
  • The behavior of all existing patches remains exactly the same.

The picture shows an example of a D Flip-Flop truth table. If your patch looked like the one on the left, after you upgrade it will look like the one in the middle. Different look, but same behavior.

If you look closely at the middle image, you’ll see that the top half of the table (where A is false) produces exactly the same output as the bottom half (where A is true). This means that the A input has no effect. So we don’t need that input. So we can use a Truth 2 to get the same result, as in the image on the right.

4 Likes

I just would like to endorse the wonderful Truth family. They’re absolutely astonishing! Please let me draw the attention of future users to the potential health benefits. I always had a terrible headache to identify the correct name of the rule combination I wanted to use. XOR? NAND? XAND? Whatever… these precious modules avoid all this hassle. You just do what you want to do with them! I stand by the Truth!

2 Likes

I’ve made a few minor changes to the Sequencizer modules.

• First, I fixed an embarrassing defect: The SHAPE and DUR knobs were positioned in each other’s spots on the panel. They are now positioned correctly.
  • Moved the “anchor source” buttons above the level knob.

And for those of you who miss the Curve Sequencer modules, I’ve created a guide for How to Convert Curve Sequencer Presets to Sequencizer Presets.

7 Likes

Very nice Dale!

I’m not sorry for bumping this thread. These frankly awesome plugins convinced me to use VCV Rack and develop plugins for it because of the envelope generators, and they need more attention. I’ve never seen anyone else make a scalable and linear take on MSEGs, with beautifully simple GUIs as a bonus! It’s all so deliberately elegant that professional music software developers should be taking whole classes on it.

I have only three minor suggestions, but I don’t know if this is the place for them.

3 Likes

Go ahead, always looking for new ideas.

Are you maintaining a fork of DHE Modules, or looking for ideas in your own projects? If it’s the second one, I’ll go to a relevant thread.