Deep Ambient Drone: Patches

I like it :smiley: Thank You for sharing Your patches !

1 Like

thanks for listening :slight_smile:

This ist the performance video of the jellyfish patch that was build in the previous video. I used the Oxgen Pro 61 Midi Ceyboard to control Keys of the midi drone and mixer knobs. If you want to play around with, the patch without a midi keyboard, just delete the midi-cv modules.

This is the assembly video of the jellyfish patch. As always, only free modules were used. To avoid bigger cable mess, I keept all common used signals on the left hand side of the patch by using a lot of split modules. I hope the teleport module of little utils will appear in the library soon^^.

About (00:00) Audio Mixer and Midi Drone (00:40) Clock/Beat (10:25) Flute/Strings or something like that (14:40) Drums (23:19) Another Drone (29:00) Macrophone (32:00) Purring (37:32) Hats (39:52)

1 Like

With this patch this time even my PC came to its limits and vcv-rack unfortunately crashed a few times^^. There are just too many modules, partly the too high audio settings were to blame. I hope you can open the patch without vcv-rack crashing right away. I am happy that Little Utils is now in the library. I like the teleport modules.

1 Like

Just off-topic because im curious: How do you make your avatar in your videos?

1 Like

This is a simple window capture in OBS. For the avatar I’m using VMagicMirror. This has a green background that is made transparent in OBS using the chroma key filter. Then in OBS you can crop this window to any size, scale it and place it where you would like to see it. In the beginning I used the Animaze program for the avatar. But VMagicMirror offers a much larger collection of avatars, unfortunately most of them are very anime oriented^^. These avatar programs can track the movements of the face via webcam and transfer them to the animated figure. With VMagicMirror, however, you don’t even need a webcam. The lip movements are synchronized with the microphone and the eye movement can be synchronized with the mouse cursor on the screen. If you want, even the hand movements can be tracked :slight_smile:

@deep.ambient.drone Thank you for this detailled informations. I think I’ll have a look on VMagicMirror.

After a long break, I decided to play a bit with VCV Rack again, before I forget how to start the program^^'. Too bad the Stoermelder modules still haven’t made it into the library. I practiced modulating the sound by delay during performance this time. In general you can not only simulate a nice stereo effect with the dalay module, you can also loop short sequences and make such loops play faster or slower, which almost sounds like a DJ playing with his hand on the vinyl^^. I also tried to combine 2 bass sequences. Unfortunately I didn’t succeed that well, because from my point of view there was too much soup with low frequencies. The idea of combining different bass sequences is still interesting, maybe I’ll experiment a bit more. In this patch I used some modules for the first time, among them the Ratchet module from NYSTHI. I think this is really good for adding some variety to a drum play. I also really like the 4-step sequencer from SynthKit. It’s perfect for small, repetitive sequences :blush:.

Strange voices performance.

Strange voices patch from scratch.

About (00:00) Midi Keys (00:31) Human Voice Arp (08:42) Alarm Arp (18:48) PAD (24:08) SFX Scify (33:08) SFX Deep Water (37:22) SFX Voice (45:20) Kick (58:00) Hat (59:20) Snare (01:02:00) Bass (01:05:00) Bass Sequence (01:19:47) Faster Hats (01:28:45)

2 Likes

performance video:

In this video I use the Sunken City patch created earlier to make music. The sequence for the voice on channel8 unfortunately didn’t seem to fit into my performance, I also left out channel12. Maybe you can include these parts in your own performance somehow :slight_smile: I noticed that channel7 is very dominating in the video recording and seems much too loud. I didn’t notice that during the performance. I suspect that the lowered sample rate has an influence on the sound. Curiously, this channel sounds less aggressive in the separate audio recording. :slight_smile:

patch from scratch video:

In this video I show the construction of the Sunken City patch. The video is unfortunately a bit long, because I have spent too much time experimenting. There are again a lot of modules in the patch, so that the sample rate had to be lowered a few times, because my PC could not handle it^^'. I think some modules can be deleted. In the performance video I didn’t use some modules at all. I kept the unused voices/modules in the download, maybe someone else can do something with them. I hope you have fun watching or fast forward :slight_smile:

About (00:00) Clock, Movement, Trigger (00:20) Bass, Kick (05:15) Kick, Tapping (14:34) Rubbing (21:43) Hats (26:20) Drone (31:35) Sequence1 (39:05) Sequence2 (52:12) Xylophon (1:04:34) Arp/Keys (1:22:33) Smth. like Chello (1:39:18) SFX Cacophony (1:45:42) SFX Robot Call (1:51:11) SFX Distortion (1:58:58) SFX frying, air bubbles sound (2:05:05)

1 Like

Here is a short performance with the goose patch. Have fun watching :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’ve been playing around with my “Modular Travel” patch for a few weeks now and I think it’s time to say goodbye to old projects on the last day of this year and start with something new in the new year. The patch has grown so big in the meantime that my PC has difficulties even with a reduced sampling rate. This time I made several small “patch from scratch” videos and one performance video, which you can find in the following playlist. I wish you all a happy new year, a lot of luck and health in the coming year :blush:

Playlist: VCV Rack #101 Modular Travel - YouTube

7 Likes

Before I completely forget how to use VCV Rack, I thought it is time to open the program again and make some music. In today’s patch I have added an audio recording with AI voice. Have fun watching :slight_smile:

7 Likes