dbRackCsound

Hi, thanks for this beautiful module! I ask you some things I have confusion as to what you mean by the 4 knobs P1, p2, p3, p4. I’ll explain myself better

when I compose a piece that will be rendered by csound, I use a score, and in this score the “P-Field 1” OR P1, inform which instrument will be played, P2 tells csound WHEN to PLAY the note and the “P-Field 3” OR P3 tells csound HOW LONG IT SHOULD PLAY.

dBRackCsound is a real-time module. Pitch and Note-on Time is managed via MIDI in the case of the instrument. In the GUI you indicate P1, P2 and P3 as inputs for what?

Have you considered adding more P-type inputs?

In your opinion, is it possible to create a module that allows you to add widgets that allow you to change the values in real time through reserved channels? for example

right click on the form /add/slider or /knob or /input jack or else

the added slider will be renamed “volume1” and then the “reserved channel” to receive the values of this slider in csound will be “volume1”

thanks again 4all

hi,

the module has a simple model regarding the csound p parameters:

p1=1, p2=0, p3=-1 and p4 is the polyphonic channel for which the instrument is activated so it can be used directly for that (see factory examples). All other parameters must be passed as k rate channel parameters via the P1-P4 knobs or the 4 polyphonic inputs.

As we are in a modular environment this module is not designed for making a full orchestra with hundreds of parameters - instead the idea is that complex csound code can be devided into multiple Csound module instances. (see e.g. video in the manual section).

If several users would like to have more than 4 knobs and inputs there would be place on the module for that. But i decided to wait for corresponding github issues.

I do not plan to make any special instruments using csound, as i would implement them vcvrack native.

I also do not plan to make a generic ui interface because of too much effort and i can make it with the current Csound module and MindMeld PatchMaster.

Thanks again for all and also for your quick response… :slight_smile:

Regards

Perhaps an expander module would be more appropriate ?

yes and no. i really want to engage users to do small things with a csound module and use then more of them. as i mentioned i could provide e.g. 4 more knobs and at least two more inputs on the existing module.

I have a feature request for your Chords module … its almost perfect , better then many others with its auto channels and auto reorder … perfect for feeding into arpeggiator but there is one missing piece ,an option to choose the ordering\time offset between the notes to get better control of an arpeggiator that can order notes as they were played.
maybe something simple like color coding via spectrum colors (red to purple) where the first note chosen is the first.

have you tried the Squinkronix arpeggiator? I think it’s pretty nice.

hi so you mean in this case

where the auto order is turned off, and the notes are played in the order as they were selected, then there could be a visual support via colors indication the order. I will look into that for the next version. (Btw: this thread is the dbRackCsound thread, Chords belong to dbRackSequencer …)

1 Like