Day of the Dead 2020 Giveaway

Thanks to all the participants! The giveaway has ended 🙂 Since there are so many submissions, we will need a few days to choose the winners. Good luck!

16 Likes

My entry:

I took the small patch and minimized it to what i needed.

Started patching and stopped when it was producing enough usable sounds, let it run for a couple of minutes and recorded a take from it.

That take then was brought into the video editor, where i cut it up to go well with the video clip. Some video fx were added to spice things up.

The patch can be found here , together with the recorded take.

Have fun all :upside_down_face: :coffee:

6 Likes

Hello Omri, So where are the patches and the video, I would love to have go at this contest. Hope you are well and busy in this Covid ravaged world. Thanks for your time.

Hi! All of the details are in the description of the video on YouTube :slight_smile: I hope that you’ll have fun!

That’s so good… One thing though, I’m not so sure about the fact that the audio was edited. No issues with the video, but we thought that people will make everything inside VCV and not outside of it. As I mentioned in the video, we’re looking more for the feel of the clip and it doesn’t have to be perfectly synced (I will add this also to the description). I’m consulting my associates and we will see :slight_smile:

Ah ok, no hard feelings, it was fun doing anyway :slight_smile:

But just to be clear, the only edit i did to the audio was cut it in 3 smaller pieces or so, to go better with the video. No processing or any other effects.

Yeah, don’t worry about it, we will figure it out. But still, great work man!

1 Like

For some reason unknown to me I can’t create a YouTube channel, thus I’m unable to contribute to this contest with my readily made video. Are there any alternative methods available to include my video? I’m going to upload my patch to the usual spot in a bit, but I’m struggling with the video part.

That’s weird… send me the video and the patch and I’ll see what I can do :slight_smile: Don’t worry, we will figure something out.

Thanks for your quick reply. I found an alternative way to create my YouTube channel and the video is now uploaded. Maybe i can even manage to include a link here…

day of the dead 2020 contest entry by nebdaar

1 Like

Perfect :slight_smile: Can you please also send the link together with the patch to the email address for the giveaway? Thanks!

I’m obviously a pretty slow learner… which email address are you refferring to? I couldn’t find any mentioned in the video description. Thanks!

It’s there somewhere :slight_smile: It’s this one - dotdgiveaway@gmail.com

Done!!! That was so fun! Cheers and good luck to all the participants. Thank you Omri, Leonardo & Pierre.

4 Likes

Thanks so much!

this was fun, completely out of my comfort zone: some how i never uses geodesics modules, this time i feel i clicked with a few of them. omri cohen’s tutorial series on geodesics are great (todanke omri) and useful. in my case i made a few patches (2 from the smaller one and 2.5 from the bigger one) and decided between the 2 that were more suitable in my opnion. thank you for making this challenge :slight_smile: i guess i should say thank you: omri, pyer and leonardo good luck to everyone :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks to all the participants! The giveaway has ended 🙂 Since there are so many submissions, we will need a few days to choose the winners. Good luck!

4 Likes

Here’s my entry https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rxbtNNtKU0

2 Likes

Well, we have 2 winners in the Day of the Dead giveaway 🙂

Matthew Gayton (bigger patch) - https://youtu.be/_sqvcpQPqag

rifsc (smaller patch) - https://youtu.be/Wgq6aiUCTYA

Thanks so much to all the other participants, it was not an easy job to choose only 2…

The aliens are working hard to finish the giveaway prize and it should be available soon 🛸

In the meantime, here’s another teaser

Have a great weekend!

7 Likes

Congrats to the winners! :partying_face: :partying_face: