DanTModules New Releases Thread

Whoops, that will be fixed in the next release, thanks for letting me know.

1 Like

Yes, modifying the cursor flashlight has been requested a few times.

Iā€™d love to add that to Bright-Idea, but realistically I would want VCV to add the code to do that and make it available via the API under rack::settings

If anything like that happens I promise Iā€™ll add it to the module as a parameter

1 Like

Yes I like this feature, similar to the Lazy Susan perhaps where you have a knob and CV input to control predefined sets of selected notes.

I didnā€™t add that yet for two reasons:

The CPU is borderline acceptable when using 16 channels, I need to do some testing to figure out if I can improve this.

I wanted to get the module out there for feedback before designing exactly how the feature would work

Yes I like this feature also, and again need to get some feedback before designing how it should be implemented.

Potentially something like:

Two CV inputs, one takes 1volt/oct to target a specific note, the other takes a trigger to toggle the target note on and off. If these were also polyphonic, then up to 16 notes could be toggled at the same time

Any other ideas on how it might work?

Is it only me having the cable tension automatically set back to 1 every time I put the Bright module into my patch?

1 Like

Thatā€™s exactly how ML quantizer does it, and I wouldnā€™t know any better way. (I feel the need to mention his module because he deserves all the credits)

1 Like

noobhours customscaler has an additional reset input/button, that toggles all notes off. That way it is easier to set a new scale via a trigger. you do not need to remember to deactivate notes, just use the same trigger to reset and delay the toggle one sample and set the new ones.

1 Like

Yes Dan ā€œthinksā€ that itā€™s VCV default, but I ā€œthinkā€ it should be 0.5 , but you can ā€œsolveā€ this by switching off :

• Deactivation Defaults on by default - Controls the values when the module is deactivated or bypassed. When this is on the Rack default settings will be restored when the module becomes inactive. When off the values of the parameters will not change. Rack default settings are: float cableOpacity = 0.5; float cableTension = 1.0; float rackBrightness = 1.0; float haloBrightness = 0.25;
1 Like

Thanks, @Yeager :+1:

1 Like

Itā€™s not exactly deep thought, I read it here Rack/src/settings.cpp at 9ad53329fff74989daf3365600f9fccc0b6f5266 Ā· VCVRack/Rack Ā· GitHub

Regardless, I was planning to add a context menu option to allow changing the default values, would that be desirable?

1 Like

Wait a secondā€¦ are you saying that when you add Bright-Idea to a patch, it changes the cable tension?

That should not happen, the Override Rack context menu option is not enabled by default, precisely so that when you first add the module to a patch, it does not change your existing settings.

If this is happening, Iā€™d like to understand why, could you describe the steps to reproduce this behaviour, or maybe even a video of it happening?

When I double click on the cable tension in the top rack menu it goes to 50% ( maybe I changed something somewhere ?)

I was just testing this module to see what could be FiroFLOā€™s problem.

Have not really road tested it yet

ah ok, that sounds like a nice solution, iā€™ll keep it in mind, thanks

Simple load module switch it off cables go to 1

Hmm, yes I just tested mine as well and I see the same, I guess there must be another definition somewhere that Rack uses for this? Or possibly a typo maybe, gonna have a quick look through the codeā€¦

1 Like

found itā€¦ Rack/src/app/MenuBar.cpp at 9ad53329fff74989daf3365600f9fccc0b6f5266 Ā· VCVRack/Rack Ā· GitHub

@Vortico Just in case you were not aware, the method CableTensionQuantity::getDefaultValue() return does not match the rack::settings::cableTension value

1 Like

Bravo ! , BTW I donā€™t know if @FiroLFO was just adding the module, or doing something else.

Do you mean setting MY settings as default and the next time I load this module, it defaults to MY settings ?

If yes then that would be desirable :smiley:

decided to make a new module to control the magical theme panel colour, now all ā€œbluesā€ are available :blue_heart:

9 Likes

I was just adding her Brightness to my patch. Now I think itā€™s OK after unchecking the Deactivation Defaults. Iā€™ll be looking into it again tonight.

1 Like