"Could not extract package" after library update

Hello,

After having upgraded to the library’s latest update (“Update All”), I have the following error message appearing on next startup. I can go beyond the message but the library appears as if it wasn’t updated.

In this message there is a line for each package which was supposed to be updated.

What’s wrong?

What platform are you on, and what version of VCV are you using?

Have you upgraded plugins before without issue?

that home directory path sure looks like windows :wink: C:\Users

I changed the name of my Macintosh HD to “C” just to freak people out…

Perhaps I’m the only one, but… :wink:

2 Likes

very fiendish to name your mac C:\!

They’ll never catch me!

2 Likes

I am on Windows 10 and I am using VCV 1.1.6. I have updated plug-ins many times without any issue until now.

remove the zip files it can’t extract and try again

After a reboot everything is fine again. Why? Huh.

For one thing, “security software” can do many marvellous and weird things.

Hi, sorry to resurrect an old thread but I had, and fixed, this issue too. Newly installed modules extracted no problem, but updates could not be extracted. Deleting the existing plugin files from Documents\Rack2\Plugins\ allowed them to install fine, except the Fundamental modules. (Maybe because there’s another copy of them elsewhere?)

Anyway, the problem was caused by Avast Antivirus File Shield, I disabled that temporarily and all the modules extracted as expected.

2 Likes

yes, it has been mentioned time and time again that anti virus software can make module downloaded fail.

2 Likes

… and make lots of other things fail too. I’ll say it again: You only need the Defender antivirus program built into Windows and nothing else, it’s very good. Third party antivirus ranges from simply a nuisance, to incompetent, to dangerous to criminal. Just don’t use them.

4 Likes