Controlling patch-cables connections through MIDI

But if @Omri_Cohen hasn’t made a video of it, does it actually exist?

2 Likes

@Omri_Cohen already made a video about this topic:

3 Likes

Thanks, all! And good to confirm that Jakub is using T7 on the software side.

In the context of working on a completely unrelated problem, I hit on an approach with what may be some neat possibilities. There were three potential technical show-stoppers and I’ve resolved two of them in my prototype; if the third falls down too, and it’s as efficient to use as I think it will be, I’ll be pretty happy about it.

This is of course going to use unstable APIs which probably means there won’t be an official V1 release, but I’ll probably do something Pack Tau-like with it and then consider more public development as of V2.

More to come soon!

1 Like

It’s working!

Write-up and demo sometime this week in a new thread once key features are in place.

Hoping to recruit some alpha testers by mid-month.

1 Like

Here we go!

Demo recording and writeup in progress; consider this the official teaser:

TapPatch_Proto_Demo1

5 Likes

Looking good, My dream, if I find the time is to make myself a hardware controller similar to the one seen in the Midilar videos, first demoed a year ago, although my progress is currently limited to a couple of breadboard designs, and I received my first pcb’s for a 12 bit cc controller yesterday.

If you are looking for testers, or I can aid in another way, please let me know.

1 Like

Fantastic, @Curlymorphic! I would love to have you as a tester especially since your Iverson modules have thought carefully about MIDI feedback, which is something I definitely want to include in this design (not required to use it, but nice to have).

1 Like

I’m officially teased :blush:

2 Likes

Reveal here :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: