Controlling knob incrementally with buttons

this is very nice and opens up a lot of options of what to do with all those buttons on an akai apc key 25 for instance :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Omri, How about if I want to do the opposite? Controlling the 2 buttons of Macro Oscillator with 2 knobs?

Plug the CV from the knob directly into the Model input ?

Might not be super precise, but works :slight_smile:

I’m not so sure I understand… Do you mean the Macro Oscillator 1 or 2?

Macro Oscillator 2

maybe something in this direction might help? - switching between values

So you want to control the algorithms with knobs? You can use the dedicated CV input, I guess it’s better than mapping the buttons with knobs…

I am actually controlling the module with external midi controller so I wanted to have those two buttons assigned to 2 knobs so I dont have to look at the screen. Wanted each knob to have 8 steps as the button cycles between 8 options.

Oh ok, now I see. Well, the buttons work with a trigger and not with continues voltage so whenever a signal goes above a certain value, probably 1 volt, it will move one mode forward, which means that you will have to turn the knob back and forth, above and below 1 volt, to move one step and it will not move continually.

You could generate a pulse train using an ADC and a manual knob like this:

This generates 8 pulses as the knob moves from fully CCW to fully CW but, and it’s pretty big but here, you will not be able to keep the knob and the selection on the MO in sync as it generates 7 pulses on the return journey and due to the forward only operation of the button, would put the final selection in the wrong position. The position of the knob would never be able to reflect the selection on the MO.

Hi I was able to control the selection via knob using this method but the first one keeps blinking.

Now first half of the knob controls the left button and right half controls the right button. I am fine with it but how to make the first selection stop from blinking ?

knob to button

You can’t. See it as a reference from where you start adding CV.

So the blinking doesnt effect the working of module?

No it does not : but if the blinking is annoying you, you can use palette :smiley:

The blinking would not matter as I will be Using one knob now and ill mark the 16 points (8 on left and 8 on the right) around the knob. will use a bigger knob cap so its easier to put those markings. Let me also try this palette method. Thank you so much guys

1 Like

I was able to control left button with full resolution of one knob Is it possible I can do the same for another knob? How?

knob to button

The range from the first to the last model is from 0 to 5 volt. So you need a knob that goes from 0-5 volt. Remove the scaler and set the poly manual to range 5 like this. afbeelding

wow I just did that and was sharing the image with you. I noticed that from 0-2.5 left button is controlled and 2.5-5 right button is controlled Now all I want to know is if there is a way where I can have a knob inside VCV which can give 0-2.5 and another from 2.5-5 output then later i can map those to my midi controller.

Why would you want to use 2 knobs, when 1 can do all you want ?

It will be easier to put markings on my midi controller. If i have one knob to control both buttons on 50%-50% each side then i will have to have 8 markings just on left side. :frowning: