computerscare modules: Horse a Doodle Doo PREVIEW

A new sequencer I’m working on: Horse a Doodle Doo

The concept I started with was: “I want to turn one knob and get an interesting gate and CV sequence”. This is the “pattern” knob on Horse a Doodle Doo. There is no randomization going on, the sequences are completely determined by the pattern & density settings. The module is also fully polyphonic, the video above demonstrates 3 channels from Horse-a’ driving the newly polyphonic Macro Oscillator 2 (love the polyphony, thanks @vortico). I’m using a 2nd instance of Horse-a’ clocked by the EOC of the 1st to move the pitch every 16 clocks.

13 Likes

This looks amazing. Also, looks like I’ve really neglected the poly function of Plaits, didn’t realise they could all be different models!

3 Likes

looking forward to it.

1 Like

The module looks amazing but I’m not sure that I like the wierd scanning up and down stuff obscuring the rest of the interface.

1 Like

I agree, it worked fine for a single channel (non-polyphony) sequence, and I haven’t done any work on arranging it correctly. Before I release the module, it certainly won’t cover up the UI, and I will probably include an option to turn the visualization off entirely. Thanks for the feedback!

1 Like

Why not making an extra module for those who like to have this kind of display. With a polyphonic input, then we could have as many displays as we want. Possible it works with other polyphonic signals also?

2 Likes

I’m also working on a new polyphonic visualization module that can produce all sorts of bizarre pictures and animations.

3 Likes

The new release of this is amazing, so much fun and variation.

2 Likes

Awesome, glad you’re enjoying it!

2 Likes

Messing about with Horse a Doodle Doo I’ve noticed that the right click menu for the pattern knob is only 3 rows deep but the number of rows of text changes with the number of channels of polyphony being used. Other than that it’s nice.

1 Like

I see what you mean, thanks!

1 Like