Coirt - v1.2.0

Ah new knobs, and something unreadable at the the top :wink:
Nice

nice, though the knobs blend into the background a little bit too much for me.

1 Like

Thank you for the kind comments

1 Like

Hope you don’t mind some constructive feedback: the titles are very difficult to read with the inverted text and multi-color scheme. The current UI’s are much better in this regard. Also, considering all the zooming out one might do, it becomes even more important in VCV rack to have text/parameters legible at a distance/low zoom settings. White on black (current GUI’s) does that.

The new knobs look good to me, but at the same time, they don’t look like the Coirt GUI’s any longer. For example, Empirical Labs has a trademark on their big white oven knobs. You can spot a Distressor in a shot of a studio rack from a mile away because of those big white knobs on the black background. White on black is a very distinctive, bold look. In comparison, dark knobs on a dark background is kind of an “everyone’s doing that” kind of thing IMO. So from a branding, and making these stick out in the browser/rack, pepective I think it would be cool if you could find a way to make white knobs continue to work (even if they’re the new knobs in a reversed type color scheme).

Anyway, just my dumb opinion. Meant to be helpful, but the most important thing is you’re happy with your work. I’m certainly happy you’re doing it!

2 Likes

One of the things I like about VCV is that, because there are relatively few standards for appearance, patches are “readable” for module type. Like, you can tell a little cluster of DHE envelope modules from anything else easily.

Thank you for the feedback. I’ll look into refining the design some more!

2 Likes

You can’t please everyone. Don’t try. They’re you’re modules. Make them look the way YOU want them to.

4 Likes

After careful consideration I will change the module label to the same style in white. I’m still undecided about bright knobs, I prefer the Grey coloured knobs plus the panel and the knob compliment each other, their contrast is different enough for them to stand out. I’ll tweak some more to see if I can get bright knobs to sit right.

3 Likes

I’m not a graphic designer or anything but I think i would give the knobs a thicker rim. Just enough for them to stand out.

How about this…

6 Likes

wow very cool ! The titles are perfect and i love these knobs !

2 Likes

That’s not what i was thinking of but it would probably work at least as well. I thought something a bit chunkier and maybe a lighter gray.

yeah sticking with that, thanks for the suggestion though.

1 Like

The updated knobs look much better than the original post, as does the white text for the module name. The inverted text, and gradient text are both things I think detract from the overall aesthetic, but if you like it, then stick with it. The background svg’s are easy enough for users to modify. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

Is the weird white gradient at the top part of the actual module or is this just something the forum is doing with images? If that’s in the actual module, I’d suggest getting rid of that. It just makes the text even more difficult to read and makes the text look too high. Plus it’s almost like the modules are curving.

But yes, this new version is a big improvement over yesterday’s IMO.

Cool Breeze

1 Like

New module for v1.2.0 EO Sum. Sums poly channels so odd channel numbers (1, 3, 5 etc) are output to one mono port and even channels output to the other, with a volume knob for each. Some bug fixes and FR also… change log

8 Likes

v1.2.0 is now live, enjoy!

4 Likes

Pre-release beta for windows available now… Bark_dev-1.2.1-win.zip

or GitHub

This release adds 2 new modules:

1. A Sample and Hold / Track and Hold, poly and mono version available for testing, hope to release the poly version only finished coding it so may have bugs. There is built in scale and offset, all on the panel. (Sampling an input works the opposite way, 10v in > scale should be set to 1v)
  2. An EQ with set bands and mid boost. Let me know how this feels on the ears as mine are very different to others. It can be subtle or obvious, mid range or as some say muddiness can be boosted / attenuated.

There is also optimisations to OneBand / PolyMix which didn’t make the last release.

4 Likes

Hi Phil, just downloaded the source file and compiled it, the 2 new modules are missing. I tried also other sources, always the same.

Hi, it has not been uploaded at this time. But I’ll push soon!

1 Like