Can't load WAV files into Nysthi's Complex Simpler, or any other sample player.

I tried uploading different WAV files into some sample player modules but none of them shows nor plays the files. I remember doing this some time ago and was able to load/play what was loaded.

Hello, try to put the wav file in the same folder than the VCV project. I had the same issue than you and this method works for me. Have a nice day.

1 Like

Wow that worked in like 2 seconds. Thank you so much!

Sorry for the old thread bump but I’m also having this problem. I have put the .wav file in the same folder as the vcv project but it still wont load into the complex simpler. Hope someone can help. Thanks

What is your OS, what version of Rack 2 , what version of Nysthi ?

Cheers, Windows 10, VCVrack 2.4.1. Nysthi version 2.0.15. :slight_smile:

Go there download the win version 2.1.19 put it in your rack2\plugins-win-x64 folder and restart Rack.

I updated and the module and it now shows 2.1.19 in the rack, restarted the rack but it still wont load a .wav file. Could there be a problem with the wav itself, I have tried a couple though and they seem to play fine in a normal audio player.

Thanks again. (Have to go out but will be back in a couple of hours. :slight_smile: )

P.S. if I look under ‘current files’ in the simpler module it does show a list of the files I loaded, it’s just not playing any of them.

do you have any utility that tells you what is inside that wav file you are using for testing? You can put almost anything into one, but most of use assume it’s linear PCM, often 16 bits, and often 44.1k or 48k sample rate.

1 Like

I don’t know I have the same setup as you W10 Rack2.4.1 an Nysthi 2.1.19 an it does not matter where the wav is On my D drive or somewhere else I just load it in Complex Simpler save the vcv file load the vcv file and it loads up with the right wav.

Those should be all the wav files in the current/selected folder.

In my case I have a different problem.

After I have chosen a sample and I reload vcv I can’t chose another sample by ->Open WAV or AIFF file. As long as I stay in the same folder it will not choose a different wav , but when I go to ->Current Files, I can choose any wav from the list and it will play.

So I can choose a Folder and click any wav in there and it will choose the first wav from the list, but I can change that by going into current files and choose one from the list.

And when I restart/reload vcv or the vcv file it will play the chosen file.

Thanks for the replies, I tried a completely different wav file and that one will load, and it seems to play, as in the red line scrolls in the simpler but doe not show a waveform or output any sound. :slight_smile:

I have also tried it in a new project with the same results. Wierd.

1 Like

send me your wav file… I want to check it

use the issues page

OK thanks, I’m new here so I’m not sure how to send you the file. It was one I downloaded from here:

I dl’d a few from there and got the same result with all of them.

Thanks

1 Like

some of the wav files on the site are in WAV extensible format that is not supported

(probably they are mass converted using SOX)

all the 24 bits ? (the 16 bits seems ok)

here the content of the 'fmt ’ chunk

666D7420 28000000 FEFF0200 44AC0000

where FEFF means extensible

should be 0100

convert it using oceanaudio or audacity or ffmpeg

or if you are brave with and hex editor, change the FEFF0200 to 01000200 :smiley:

OK thanks for that I’ll give it a shot and report back. :slight_smile:

So I saved them as 16bit in Audacity and they now work.

Thank you very much for your help. :slight_smile:

1 Like

the problem was not the 16 or 24 bits, but the wrong flag in the “fmt “ chunk

I think you can resave them as 24 bits too…

OK thanks again, will give it a shot. :slight_smile: