Can no longer run rack in Ubuntu Linux

On my old windoze machine I used to be able to build and run rack in Ubuntu running under VMWare.

Now in my new computer, with new MIDI/Audio interface I can’t run rack anymore. I get the error below. Maybe The Ubuntu install doesn’t know what my Steinberg UR22C is?

Is there a way to build/run rack so that it won’t even try to do this jack stuff? I’m just trying to run rack to make sure my plugins work, and to use address sanitizer.

Cannot connect to server socket err = No such file or directory
Cannot connect to server request channel
jack server is not running or cannot be started
JackShmReadWritePtr::~JackShmReadWritePtr - Init not done for 4294967295, skipping unlock
JackShmReadWritePtr::~JackShmReadWritePtr - Init not done for 4294967295, skipping unlock

MidiInJack::initialize: JACK server not running?

Cannot connect to server socket err = No such file or directory
Cannot connect to server request channel

Perhaps if I go back to rack 1.1.1? It seems that one didn’t use Jack for MIDI.

but i think it should still run despite of the error - or not? if that is the case then simply ignore this error maybe :slight_smile:

Ah - thank you! Yes, I can see now that it is not the jack error making load fail at all, there is another error after that, of my own creation. I will fix that. I feel dumb, but happy you helped me see this issue I had been missing :wink:

I dont not if it help but I get the same error message in blender when Jack is not running (I set my blender to run with jack for correct AV Sync )

in blender it not matter since blender simply skip this error, but to fix it , run Jack first

1 Like