Building Synths in VCV Rack

Hey Friends,

I recently started a video series on YouTube called PatchWerk with Miles (thats me), and wanted to share the playlist here. For episode 7 I run through the basics of building synth in VCV Rack, and then take a quick look at some more complex synths that I’ve created over the past year or two, such as a Juno 106 clone and a Mini Moog.

Please let me know what you think and if you’d like to see more videos like this one.

I will upload the patches featured in the video somewhere soon for everyone to download.

Cheers!

PatchWerk with Miles

12 Likes

Nice. Newcomers should find it helpful.

1 Like

Thanks! Yeah I know this forum is probs filled with people who already know the basics but I also thought some of you might be interested in the back half of the video :slight_smile:

I’ve had people ask me about some of the classic synth sounds I make, so it’s good to have a video I can point to :wink:

2 Likes

This is something that I am very interested in. I think that there is a cutoff in the feasibility of building classic synths in VCV Rack (around the time or just before the DX7) because menu diving replaced large numbers of knobs and sliders. Anything before that is fair game though :wink:

1 Like

I must admit I was puzzled for the longest time about where you got those MindMeld modules from, not realizing that they were just controllers with custom labels and mapped to other modules.

1 Like

The PatchMaster series has been a gamechanger for me, giving me the ability to lay out (approximately) the control panels of many different classic synths.

1 Like