building 2.10 on windows?

I updated to 2.10 source on windows and found that make dep was failing. Complaining about libtool. I had all the required packages installed, including mingw-w64-x86_64-libtool, but I found I had to install libtool in addition to get rtaudio update to build.

Anyone else run into this?

(I also had to got into dep and make clean to get it to re-build. But that’s probably normal…)

I just updated to 2.10 on Windows and also having trouble with deps. after pulling and updating submodules, rtaudio wouldn’t build. Not that surprising because the changelog says there’s a new rtaudio version dependency. So I blew away everything under dep (overkill, I know), and resynced the Makefile.

Now, make dep gets through libarchive ok, then dies on speexdsp-SpeexDSP-1.2rc3:

$ make dep
make -C dep
make[1]: Entering directory '/g/repos/rack/dep'
wget -c "https://vcvrack.com/downloads/dep/speexdsp-SpeexDSP-1.2rc3.tgz"
--2022-02-26 17:09:08--  https://vcvrack.com/downloads/dep/speexdsp-SpeexDSP-1.2rc3.tgz
Resolving vcvrack.com (vcvrack.com)... 168.235.102.117
Connecting to vcvrack.com (vcvrack.com)|168.235.102.117|:443... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 502 Bad Gateway
2022-02-26 17:09:08 ERROR 502: Bad Gateway.

make[1]: *** [Makefile:168: speexdsp-SpeexDSP-1.2rc3] Error 8
make[1]: Leaving directory '/g/repos/rack/dep'
make: *** [Makefile:101: dep] Error 2

Following your lead I did make clean, but I still end up here.

Time to make dinner, so I’ll leave this for another day. I’m guessing this is an issue on VCV’s end.

mine built fine, after installing libtool. Have you installed all the dependencies listed on the build page (there are a lot!)? did you remember to do the recursive update of the deps?

In extreme cases (years ago) I’ve deleted my entire msys2 and started over. less extreme would be deleting the rack repo and starting over… that’s what I tell people at work - better to waste 5 minutes by blowing away your repo than waste hourse figuring it out.

Anway, hope you get it building without too much pain.

The error you show here is not a build error, but a wget fetch error (web server responded with Bad Gateway). I’ve seen posts on the forum indicating that the VCV site was down for a while today, so this might be your issue now.

2 Likes

I’ve been building since Rack 2.,0, so I think I already have all the prerequisites. I didn’t see any new prerequisites mentioned in the change log.

This morning, it looks like the VCV site issues are cleared up, and I’m able to build and run successfully.

I had no issues with libtool.

So, to pick up 2.10: I think this is all that would be needed:

• delete the dep/rtaudio folder (safe to delete alll directories under dep)
  • git pull
  • git submodule update --init --recursive
  • make dep
  • make all
  • make run

Thanks for the help!

1 Like