Build Rack from source on mac m1

I am trying to build Rack from source as per the manual. All of the commands are run in an x86 shell. I installed the dependencies brew install git wget cmake autoconf automake libtool jq python with a separate x86 homebrew at location /usr/local/homebrew

When I run make dep, I encounter an error:

(sorry for the screenshot I don’t know a good way to paste the terminal output)

It looks like the problem is make is trying to build glew with c++, which on osx is clang, and the linker can’t find a library. I found this article, which suggested I set an environment variable LDFLAGS=-L/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX.sdk/usr/lib. The above command was run with this environment variable set. From the c++ command run by make it doesn’t look like this flag was added, and it wouldn’t matter if it did because /Library/.../usr/lib doesnt even have a file lstdc++

@johnschneider - maybe have a look at GitHub - lindenbergresearch/Rack.arm64: Virtual Eurorack DAW

I’ve looked at that page, but that deals with building arm libs/ executables. I am trying to build x86 Rack from an arm machine.

Dunno, looks at bit like native and x86 env. is mixed together maybe. Did you start that shell session with

arch -x86_64 /bin/bash

before running make?

I get the same error message running either arch -x86_64 /bin/bash or arch -x86_64 /bin/zsh before make.

I set up a second zsh profile to run all commands in an x86 environment, so running an x86 shell in an x86 shell makes no difference.