Browser - Module Placement

Hi All,

I’m sorry if this is in the wrong place or if this has been covered. A search and it didn’t show anything similar.

It seems like when you select a module in the browser, it places it in some random spot in the rack where there is open space. Once I click a module, I have to go looking for it. It seems like it would be nice for it to place it where you right click for the browser. If the module won’t fit where you clicked, then somewhere closer to your click.

Am I doing something wrong? Maybe I’m using it incorrectly and just need to know how to do it correctly.

Thanks,
Mike

Don’t click, but drag. When you click a module, keep pressed and move to the desired position, then release.

3 Likes

Ah! Thanks!

I guess that explains why the module ends up where the mouse was after you click on the module you want rather than the old behaviour.

1 Like

It’s not great behaviour to be honest. My poor wrist gets very tired of dragging.

1 Like

I think it’s a huge improvement. Last week I went back to my 0.6 install to record out some patches and it made me realise how this old module placement was incredibly annoying.

1 Like

thank you!!!

It would be nice to have the best of both worlds, where you could choose to either use a single click places the module where you right-clicked to open the browser (or the nearest slot where it fits), or drag to place it where you like.

2 Likes