Bridge under Logic 9

Hi there,

does anyone know, if “bridge” is supposed to work under Logic 9?

Thanks,

Aleks

no Logic 9 users?

Evidently not haha.

Are you trying to send audio or just midi? I used loopMidi for ableton and it works great, I would think it works the same for any version of Logic. There are a few good youTube’s on the subject (though I know that’s probably onboxious to hear haha)

WOW! An answer, THANKS Teddy :smile: Now I know there is a real VCV Community (I though it’s all fake for the last 2 days :laughing:)

My problem is, that Logic is not offering bridge as a plugin (the bridge component is in the correct folder, and i did a re-scan of the logic plugin manager).

Aleks

hey Aleks !
Can i ask you ? Do you just plan on recording what’s going on in rack ?
If it’s the case, you can get the Nysthi modules which have a very nice recorder. Later you’ll be able to export the file to Logic like any other Wav :wink:

i can confirm that the vcvrack bridge au does not appear in the logic 9 audio unit manager - i think logic 9 is simply too old and some newer au’s are not detected on it anymore (the surge synth is another example) … ableton live can see it just fine on the same machine (as it can see the surge synth au)

best wishes - hexdump

Thanks Hexdump!!! Much appreciated!
Hey Olival: Thanks for the advice, I will look into this, but basically I wanted just to use vcv as a plugin (clocked) in Logic.

Aleks

1 Like

One option is to wait for Rack for DAWs after Rack v2 is released, and hope for an AU version.

Another option is to use soundflower for audio and the midi IAC bus for clocking. u may have to deal with latency issues by offsetting midi clock…

Thanks guys! I will look into the soundflower idea, until rack 2.0 is available🤞

Thanks,

Aleks

Just one thought (although I blew logic 9 off my hdd a while ago so this is just raw speculation). Logic 9 can run in 32 and 64 bit mode but surge (and I suspect bridge) are 64 bit only. Are you running l9 in 64 bit?

1 Like

yes - i’m running in 64bit mode and the au’s do not appear :frowning:

Same here: 64, no bridge…