Bidoo bordL: Clocking bordl with another sequencer

hello friends!

i have been banging my head against the wall to find a solution for my problem, and now turn to the wizards of the VCV for guidance.

Is it possible to trigger the 3 pulses on step four in bordL, with only the one trigger from trigseq64? as marked with green in the picture, instead of a wall of text trying to explain what i am trying to do :slight_smile:

No, this is not how it works AFAIK, it does not output 3 pulses, but it NEEDS 3 pulses/triggers/gates before it advances to the next note.

Yes, that i do understand, i was wondering, if anyone had any kind of idea of a way to patch it to my preference :slight_smile:

So you want 1 1 1 3 as the gate. Make them all 3 pulses leave the gate as is in your picture, multiply the BPM x3 and I think your there…

Edit , nah that only works if you use the internal BordL clock…
So my answer is “I don’t know”

neither do i friend, neither do i. i want it to play each step in time with the clock and subdivide the pulses inbetween the steps. thank you for your time :orange_heart:

If you want to ratchet individual steps add a faster clock to the G1 or G2 inputs and set the individual step to your chosen G1 or G2. It doesn’t quite solve the 1113 but will subdivide individual steps.

1 Like

Genius! Thank you mr. Wizard! i guess i can use the cv channel to control two rotating clock dividers, and patch them to G1 and G2 for even and uneven division.

:+1:

you can take the impromtu clocked and route it like the picture:

Yep that is almost what I did, but I moved on to bigger things…
namely… how to play the second step of BordL after a reset :wink:
This is harder than you think…(But it works great with G1 and G2 )