Best MIDI Controller for VCV 200$ - 400$?

Man, where’s that BCR32 at? It’s been like a year already…

3 Likes

a bit left field , but I love the Electra One

It’s configurable, supports bi-directional midi, preset etc etc got 12 decent encoders and is a touch screen too.

firmware is open source… hmm, perhaps I should do a VCV module for it :wink:

3 Likes

What about using a Ipad as a controller? I mean not for tweaking but for patching with pen? Did anyone try it out?

I’m totally fan of the 16n faderbank. So one of your knob versions with CV outputs would certainly rule the digital and analog modular world…

Has midi fighter twister come up? Great controller for vcv

3 Likes

Omri Cohen has a YouTube video

If one could only buy a Sensel Morph, they seem to have been unavailable everywhere for over a year :frowning:

Component supply issues I read somewhere

I just bought one - the “16n AtoV Rework”

GitHub - AtoVproject/16n-AtoVproject-rework: Redesign of the 16n Faderbank fo the Berlin Modular Community

https://www.exploding-shed.com/diy-kits-overview/diy-kits/#cc-m-product-15853251922

3 Likes

Not a bad price, especially for someone who plans on making their way to hardware/hybrid Eurorack at some point.

I like that this thread has been active for so long. Also nice to see that my choice to get a Novation Launch Control XL for Rack was a popular among others. It doesn’t feel as toy-like as it might have for the price, and it fits on my keyboard tray right between the QWERTY and mouse.

I created a rework of the interior of a Peavey PC1600, so you can mount an Arduino Mega inside of it and get midi out over USB. Would anybody be interested in that? It would just take a little more work to release the BOM and pcb designs, or I could probably refurbish some units here. I made it so you can mount an RGB LCD display in place of the old one and send text strings down. All the faders and buttons send out on a unique CC, and the rotary encoder can output at high resolution and be remotely set to different values for new scenes. You can often pick up old PC1600s on ebay for around $100.

Anyway, if people are interested, it would encourage me to do the final redesign/run of the pcb.

Please crate a VCV module for this fantastic controller. I will order one next week :grinning: Hopefully get it working with VCV Rack…Please creat such a module, thank you very much in advance and have a great day …

Don’t know if it work well in touch mod VST2MID 32 bit VST for output

VSThost can capture the qwerty keyboard for notes

just an idea

I just obtained a midi controller from Yealtex (Buenos Aires) where you can design your own custom controller

They are not the cheapest, but they are very nice!

This version ($300) I will use as a dedicated parameter controller for instruments or complex fx.

2 Likes