Behringer RD8 running as Master

I am aware of the VCV-midi-drift-problem and I am thankful, this problem is addressed.

Maybe my text was a bit ambiguous.
I didn’t want to say: ,VCV has no drift-problem‘, but instead: ,whenever I sync hardware and computer (any direction) via midi, I do experience drift-problems of a similar sort, VCV included or not.‘

Still, as long as the groove doesn‘t seem as troubled as the visual bpm-representation, I just deal with it for the moment.

I‘d love to have the same rock solid connection that I see in hardware via voltage.

Cheers! dDom

If you have an audio input on your soundcard you can send clock pulses through the audio module and sync the clock to them. This should give very good results.

But you should initialize the Audio-8 module each time you start Rack or load a patch, because there is a small bug that causes additional latency on the audio inputs if you don’t first initialize it each time.

Also you might have to put the received clock pulses through an attenuator with offset, depending on what shape they arrive in at the audio input. They might get filered and offset by the soundcards internal filters, so watch them on a scope and adjust them if needed.

1 Like

Yeah, sounds good. I will give this way another try. Thx. I imagine with VCV this has good chances.

I tried syncing Reaper once with audio pulse and didn‘t succeed. But as you said: in VCV you can scope the pulse and if necessary, repair it.

Will try, thx.

Done on Atari 30 years ago, and PCs almost 40 years ago.

… yes, fascinating.

My point was: any modern rig should be considered ‚sufficient‘ for midi-sync.

Cheers

Oh, I know, and you are correct. It’s just a reflexive action on my part 30 years later - Atari people think there was no midi software before the Ataris.

:slight_smile:

I understand.

1 Like