BASICally: a new module for writing code within Rack

I downloaded and installed V2.0.5 . I will try to take a look at it tomorrow. I’m pretty involved in something else, so I am not sure how much time I will spend on it.

Just looking at what you wrote above, I like the triggered reset.

Is the new build V2.0.5? Just trying to tell if the download worked.

Oh, uh, yeah, I haven’t updated the version number in the config before doing that build. For clarity, I’ve now done that, and put 2.0.6 builds here.

No hurry, BTW. While fixing the priority inversion on compilation, I realized that the Bison+Flex compiler isn’t reentrant* , and I expect that might take some time to fix.

• When I load a patch with six BASICally instances in it, only a couple of them will compile correctly.

I am a bit stupid, I don’t know how to download the plugin from there, haha. Maybe I should have an account on github to download stuff… Can you drop it on google drive?

1 Like

Ah, good to know on the version. I was able to see the additional ports so figured I had the correct version.

I’m going to try out using BASICally in my current drum machine patching efforts so I can look into it more deeply while making progress on my drum patches using Ohmer QuadPercs and my drum patterns from Meander for Windows from 25-36 years ago.

For some reason, when I install from this location for Windows, I still get 2.0.5 .

If this shows “Fix”, does that mean that I still do not have the 2.0.6 version?

BTW, I deleted your plugin from my plugins folder before I downloaded and installed the V2.0.6 Window build that you linked to. I did this before the START() test above.

I just noticed that now the Fix message is highlighting the a[0] = {} line:

did you use a carriage return in the middle of the array contents or is the module doing word wrapping?

I just copied and pasted from Mahlen’s examples above. Maybe that is not allowed? I bet it has to do with the current module width. Just increasing module width did not fix it. Re-pasting the code now has me back to the Fix message on WHEN START() .

oh ok, not able to use VCV until later so wondered if the syntax validator had a problem with a carriage return in the middle of a line.

I just now typed in the WHEN START() snippet and I get the same error. Since the module version still shows to be 2.0.5 and the START() instruction is not recognized, I suspect I still do not have the right version of the plugin.

Confirmed, you need to log in to github to download. Thats not much to ask - the github login is free of charge.

anyway, here’s a link (expires in 30 days) https://hidrive.ionos.com/share/sshxk2p9tg

2 Likes

Just for the fun of it, I installed your build for Windows but I still have the “Fix” errors with the example scripts and the version still shows to be V2.0.5 .

Thank you!

Yeah, it’s not much to ask, but I forget my passwords all the time (even if i write them somewhere, I just forget where it was), so I am trying to live as password-free as possible…

i just wiped the plugin dir from my \rack2\plugins folder and installed from the Win.zip

I don’t know where you read the version number, but mine seems ok.

1 Like

I use random google chrome suggested passwords, and their password manager (337 passwords right now). Sure it’s insecure, but I don’t care. password for my banking stuff i don’t keep there though.

1 Like

NICEEEEEE. Basic S&H

2 Likes

Yeah, that is what I have done several times, but mine still shows V2.0.5.

I will try once more after deleting the folder.

I deleted the folder and downloaded your (Jens) linked win.zip and installed it in the plugins folder. But, my patch still shows BASICally V2.0.5

The plugin.json shows it just updated, but has V2.0.5 in it? What the heck?