ASIO Voicemeeter option not working in VCV Rack Free 2.0.2

When I open VCV Rack v1.1.6 patch works with ASIO set to “Voicemeeter AUX Virtual ASIO (1-8 in, 1-8 out)” I can hear the sound - though I will say it sounds much worse now that I installed VCV Rack 2 Free on my system.

When I open VCV Rack Free 2.0.2, load the same patch, when I select “Voicemeeter AUX Virtual ASIO (1-8 in, 1-8 out)” under ASIO, nothing happens. It just stays on “No device”.

I’m guessing something has changed for 2.0.2?!? What are the new settings under ASIO that I should use or should I just uninstall 2.0.2 and stick with v1.1.6?

Thank for the help!

(update) For now, I have uninstalled v2.0.2 - and the audio has dramatically improved for v1.1.6

So there must be an issue with ASIO in v2.0.2???

ASIO, from both Expert Sleepers and FL Studio, is working fine here on Win10 in Rack 2.0.2

What sampling frequency do you use? I encountered similar problems with ASIO and 44.1 kHz and a MOTU UltraLite mk3 but not with 48 kHz.

I have experienced this too - sometimes Voicemeeter can’t be selected. I then have to select another ASIO interface first, and then try the Voicemeeter one again. Sometimes it takes several times, before Voicemeeter can be selected.

And sometimes the sound is really bad - it sounds like a bitrate mismatch, but voice meeter and rack shows the same bitrate. This problem is often fixed by restarting the audio interface in voicemeeter.

I’m considering buying Dante Via to replace voicemeeter - anyone tried it with Rack 2?

I see now that:" * Windows 11: Not compatible with this version of Dante Via"

Yep – I’m currently using it on Windows 11 with Rack 2 with no issues.

VCV Rack 2.0.3 does not set audio to ASIO/Voicemeeter AUX in 44.1kHz

• works if Voicemeeter is running at 48kHz.

Voicemeeter is running at 44.1kHz VCV samplerate is set to auto (44.1 kHz)

from documents/rack2/log.txt

[111.197 info src/rtaudio.cpp:52 RtAudioDevice] Creating RtAudio ASIO context
[111.269 info src/rtaudio.cpp:120 openStream] Opening RtAudio ASIO device 5: Voicemeeter AUX Virtual ASIO (8 in, 8 out, 48000 sample rate, 512 block size)
[111.856 warn src/audio.cpp:189 setDeviceId] Audio port could not subscribe to device: Failed to open RtAudio ASIO device 5: RtApiAsio::probeDeviceOpen: driver (Voicemeeter AUX Virtual ASIO) error setting sample rate (48000).

It does work, if I set Windows Sound to use my Behringer UMC-1820 at 48kHz before starting Voicemeeter. I just keep Rack running and retry selecting the Interface.

[664.939 info src/rtaudio.cpp:52 RtAudioDevice] Creating RtAudio ASIO context
[665.011 info src/rtaudio.cpp:120 openStream] Opening RtAudio ASIO device 5: Voicemeeter AUX Virtual ASIO (8 in, 8 out, 48000 sample rate, 512 block size)
[665.569 info src/rtaudio.cpp:132 openStream] Starting RtAudio ASIO device 5
[665.569 info src/rtaudio.cpp:142 openStream] Opened RtAudio ASIO device 5

reported to support@vcvrack.com