any faithful MI Peaks clone around?

I know that all its functions is available in other modules (like these) but I am specifically interested in a MI Peaks clone.

I have a fork with peaks, see Peaks clone ? - #11 by hemmer

1 Like

Thank you! For me the win-x64 binary is working fine. But knowing that it’s not widely advertised I assume that you’re not completely satisfied with it yet. What are the concerns?

1 Like

Because @hemmer does not have the rights to take someone’s branding and put it in the library under his name. It’s against the rules. So that may be the best you can get.

1 Like

There’s also this comment that Ewan made over a year ago

1 Like

Just in case it’s not clear, I would never “take someone’s branding and release it under my own name”. This was an attempt to extent the Mutable Instruments collection in VCV, for which there is an existing agreement/understanding. For the reasons Steve links to, this ended up not making it back to the library.

1 Like

Oh, I know you wouldn’t do that! I was just trying to update the OP.

1 Like

Could you release it with a different name and branding? In the same way Plaits has Pallette and Surge Twist VCO, and there are versions of Clouds too (Supercell/Nimbus). I was just thinking yesterday that I’d love a polyphonic Rings clone, maybe that suggestion should go in the Surge thread instead…

1 Like

Actually that’d be nice.

@hemmer, I can’t switch off the “Number station” once it’s on. However relaunching VCV Rack switches off automatically. (Flag not saved in the JSON?)

And I’m a bit confused by the additional knob labels in ‘expert’ mode. This isn’t the correct description, is it?

I’ve pushed a fix for that, let me know if it works - good catch.

I can’t see anything wrong, do you have a specific example? Remember expert mode is no longer one-knob-per-function, so it’ll depend if you’re in channel 1 or 2 edit mode. Labels are from here:

https://pichenettes.github.io/mutable-instruments-documentation/modules/peaks/manual/

I’m not personally interested in doing that but source etc is all there for an ethusiastic dev assuming licensing is consistent, go for it! :slight_smile: