any faithful MI Peaks clone around?

I know that all its functions is available in other modules (like these) but I am specifically interested in a MI Peaks clone.

I have a fork with peaks, see Peaks clone ? - #11 by hemmer

1 Like

Thank you! For me the win-x64 binary is working fine. But knowing that itā€™s not widely advertised I assume that youā€™re not completely satisfied with it yet. What are the concerns?

1 Like

Because @hemmer does not have the rights to take someoneā€™s branding and put it in the library under his name. Itā€™s against the rules. So that may be the best you can get.

1 Like

Thereā€™s also this comment that Ewan made over a year ago

1 Like

Just in case itā€™s not clear, I would never ā€œtake someoneā€™s branding and release it under my own nameā€. This was an attempt to extent the Mutable Instruments collection in VCV, for which there is an existing agreement/understanding. For the reasons Steve links to, this ended up not making it back to the library.

1 Like

Oh, I know you wouldnā€™t do that! I was just trying to update the OP.

1 Like

Could you release it with a different name and branding? In the same way Plaits has Pallette and Surge Twist VCO, and there are versions of Clouds too (Supercell/Nimbus). I was just thinking yesterday that Iā€™d love a polyphonic Rings clone, maybe that suggestion should go in the Surge thread insteadā€¦

1 Like

Actually thatā€™d be nice.

@hemmer, I canā€™t switch off the ā€œNumber stationā€ once itā€™s on. However relaunching VCV Rack switches off automatically. (Flag not saved in the JSON?)

And Iā€™m a bit confused by the additional knob labels in ā€˜expertā€™ mode. This isnā€™t the correct description, is it?

Iā€™ve pushed a fix for that, let me know if it works - good catch.

I canā€™t see anything wrong, do you have a specific example? Remember expert mode is no longer one-knob-per-function, so itā€™ll depend if youā€™re in channel 1 or 2 edit mode. Labels are from here:

https://pichenettes.github.io/mutable-instruments-documentation/modules/peaks/manual/

Iā€™m not personally interested in doing that but source etc is all there for an ethusiastic dev assuming licensing is consistent, go for it! :slight_smile: