anticlickkkkk

Looks like the issue here is the logic module outputs 5V rather than 10 volts which is why the volume is low. Pick a logic module that outputs 10 volt signals rather than 5 or run the logic outputs through a scaler to bring them up to 10 volts. You don’t need the constant voltage source either.

The red trace in this is driven directly by the LFO, the blue is driven by the logic output:

Here I have substituted the combined logic for the Count Modula OR logic module:

3 Likes

This is your patch from above realised with different logic modules:

1 Like

oh … fantastic! Thank you very much and I apologize for my inconsistency! … and it’s unforgivable because I often use the hashtag #usethescope :slight_smile: :handshake: :v:

1 Like

I think this illustrates a classic tradeoff between a sharp attack and a smooth start of sound. If you introduce a discontinuity (func or derivs) into a soft tone, there will tend to be pops. Here’s a quickie I whipped up showing behavior of two VCAs modulated by a square LFO.

1 Like

Yes, good point. Always a trade off. And what clicks on low notes might not be audible on high pitches. When I was making “kitchen sink” I ended up making the adsr (from the fundamental module) have a faster time, but it does mean that in some cases it will click.

I did the opposite for another project where I wanted to guarantee I could make or break a live connection without pops, and I used half of a 20Hz cosine window for this.

1 Like